New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    May napanood ako gumamit sya ng 0000 fine na steel wool pang-scrub ng dumi ng windshield bago niya nilagyan ng Rain X treatment.

Same idea din ito ng cleaning your windshield using clay bar then Windex or any windshield wash solution.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    There are specific products designed to remove those stubborn water stain marks. The most extreme I have used is 3D Professional Eraser water spot remover. It removes those pesky hard water stains and provides a fresh surface for whatever glass conditioner you want to apply like Rain X. Be careful to read the instructions as this product may etch the glass if left more than 30 seconds on the spot you are cleaning. You have to wipe it thoroughly until the applied area begins to dry and glide. It really works fast. Also make sure that you use fresh rags that are not prone to static so micro dust particles don't get lodged while you are wiping. I got my 3D pro eraser at Robinson's East handyman store but I guess they are available only at their large store branches like Galleria, etc. Here's a link on the product, http://www.3dproducts.com/detailing-...ver-16-oz-gel/
    Last edited by willyfernando; April 15th, 2014 at 07:50 AM. Reason: added info

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    kahit ano pwede basta malilinis ang windshield mo pare.

kung may window glass cleaner ka nga dyan pwede din yun eh. yung alcohol based ha, wag yung amonia kasi baka madale paint mo. pwede din joy (yung panlinis ng plato ha, hindi yung toilet paper). kaya lang sa joy tanggal din wax ng car kasi.
    question lang, i used the elevo watermark remover on all windows and windshield ng auto, okay lang bang gamitin yung rainX after cleaning the glasses with the watermark remover?

the wiper still skips kasi pa minsan minsan.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Buti nakita ko itong thread. Grabe yun skips and resistance ng wiper ko sa windshield. Watermarks ba cause nyan? Do I have to apply something on the glass para efforts less ang glide? Kailangan ba zero watermarks before apply anything on the windshield? My monty is barely 3 months old kaya i dont think its bec of the wiper. Thanks

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If your windshield wipers are at least 2 years old, consider changing them.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by joey_ed27 View Post
    Buti nakita ko itong thread. Grabe yun skips and resistance ng wiper ko sa windshield. Watermarks ba cause nyan? Do I have to apply something on the glass para efforts less ang glide? Kailangan ba zero watermarks before apply anything on the windshield? My monty is barely 3 months old kaya i dont think its bec of the wiper. Thanks

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    afaik yung portion na dinadaanan ng wipers ay walang watermarks. or maybe not the obvious ones?

after ko kasi magpalit ng wipers ganun pa rin. still skips unless super lakas ng ulan.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    products such as the rain-x really helps in beading the rainwater instead of sheeting which greatly hampers visibility especially in case of a strong downpour. kaya lang napansin ko nag-chatter ang wiper ko in some spots unlike now na di ako nag-aapply ng any treatment and the wiper glides smoothly. YMMV though.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I stopped using rain x on my windshield as my wiper don't glide easily after some time in heavy rain. Yes it is good in beading water but after a strong a heavy rain, my wiper stutters. I am using elevo water mark remover liquid type to remove water marks and stain. Works perfectly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
windshield cleaner?