New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    To all peeps that got the new civic.. where did you go to get yours tinted and what type of tint did you have installed? How much did it cost you. Im getting my unit this week so just wanted to get the heads up on where to take it. Im planning on just getting 3m tint.. any other choices?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Solar gard is better than 3M in my experience. try ESL automotive near wheel gallery at Santolan

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    boss ESL na ba name nun i think it is the vkool shop in p. guevarra before. lumipat daw sila somewhere in santolan rd., yung windshield ng new civic is extremely big so price will be much higher than usual.

agree ako that solar gard is far better than 3M although mas madilim lang talga mga black tint nila.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I went to this shop 7flags in Pasong Tamp, Makati, owner Ms. Eden- two weeks ago to have my tint done as most stores in Singapore tint cars in an air-conditioned room to help ease off the dust. I agree on this principle but refuse to believe on the service. I had my car tinted with Polar brand which they told me was better than 3M. Fine, after a week I encountered some bubbles so I headed back there and could'nt believe that the store closed down. They charged me 12,000 pesos and they went out of business. I met the landlord who said that they left without notice and have dissapeared in thin air. I also purchased xenon lights and they gave me a warranty for both items which is now useless. Before you look for a shop, find out how long have they been there, I guess thats the first thing you ask before you decide to service your car.

After this horrible incident, surfed the web and found a store with this website http://www.lacaraccessories.com/tintroom.html

I highly recommend this shop la cars as the manager is a foreigner and they have been in business for more than 4 years. They apparently were the first tint rooms in the country and they did a great job with my cars. Their prices are just a little more but trust me, its a pay and smile for good service just like back home. They even have a customer lounge while your car is being tinted.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ free plugging? i noticed that you posted it on all the tint related threads. marami din stories about that shop... just type in the shop's name in the search function

BTTT, you can try winterpine along araneta avenue. or araneta car accessories. actually, it depends sa location mo kung san mas convenient sayo.

for a more extensive discussion, check out this thread:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4893
    Last edited by ssaloon; February 14th, 2007 at 01:28 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dplmat View Post
    I went to this shop 7flags in Pasong Tamp, Makati, owner Ms. Eden- two weeks ago to have my tint done as most stores in Singapore tint cars in an air-conditioned room to help ease off the dust. I agree on this principle but refuse to believe on the service. I had my car tinted with Polar brand which they told me was better than 3M. Fine, after a week I encountered some bubbles so I headed back there and could'nt believe that the store closed down. They charged me 12,000 pesos and they went out of business. I met the landlord who said that they left without notice and have dissapeared in thin air. I also purchased xenon lights and they gave me a warranty for both items which is now useless.

What? Had my tint done there last January. Bought a set of HID also. The owner of 7Flags is the father of the owner of LA Cars. Maybe he can help you about your warranty issue.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How much Solarguard sa ESL for sedan bro?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    MRC23- hi, please take note that we can't accept warranty from another brand / store as we are not connected with them whatsoever. If you purchased an item from them, it was your call as we entertain warranties only purchased from our store L.A. Car Accessories. So many were victimized by stores closing overnight. Like what dplomt indicated, always check how long they have been in business before you transact.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    7flags owner is the father of LA cars owner? is this true?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    *LAcars
    Hi Sir Amrit. Thought you could help this guy but as you have said its from another store. Well, that clears things out. Anyway, do you know were they moved? Im worried about the warranty on my HID. Its only 2 months since I bought them from 7Flags.

*aLVin
    Its true sir. Spoke with the owner of 7Flags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Where to go for Tint?