New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Finally after years of the van being used for delivers of our products. The van will be tinted on Feburary but I'm thinking of this kind of tint set up
    color stable 5 on all the windows
    color stable 5 on all the windows except the front and passenger side CS20
    color stable 5 on all the windows except the front winshield and passenger side is CS20

Which do you prefer?
    Does that shade of the tint will be noticed if the front and passenger and front winshield would be CS20 and the rest is CS5?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Here the quote that I got from calling some shops from the south to north

Motortown
    Shop 1 3M CS 9,000 - hard to get discount on this shop
    Shop 2 3M CS 9,800 discounted price 9,500
    Shop 3 3M FX ST 7,000 - fx st and BC is the only available tint they have.

Shop 4 8,400 Solarguard Tint

North
    Banawe 3M 6,000
    I asked the lady over the phone she said its original but she didn't answer if its color stable or not.

Makati
    Shop FX ST 6,000
    The lady said the Color Stable is discontinued

I based the calls from this link
    Promotion:*Auto tint Promo Participating Stores

What do you think of the prices?
    Are they reasonable enough for the van's tint?
    Last edited by gearspeed; February 2nd, 2013 at 11:19 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *gearspeed:

if you will be using the van mostly daytime, seldom at night: CS5 on all the windows.
    if you will be using the van day and night: CS20 (or higher VLT) on windshield, CS20 on front windows, CS5 on the rest

regardless of brand or series, madilim ang 5% VLT sa gabi. kahit 20/20 pa vision mo. dahil 5% visible light na lang ang pumapasok sa glass mo. how much worse kung umuulan pa. super dilim na yan.

sa umaga, wala problema sa 5% VLT. sobrang maliwanag ang araw kaya kahit 5% visible light lang pumasok sa glass mo, kita mo pa rin ang surroundings mo.

for safety at night, recommend to use 30% VLT and up sa windshield, 15% VLT and up sa front windows. 5% VLT sa 2nd row and the rest is acceptable.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Napansin ko kasi ang dami kong nakikita naka CS5 or super black tint eh. Yung iba dun hindi pa naka HID. Yung CS20 ba kita ka pa rin sa loob? I mean kapag natatapat sa sikat ng araw or nasa basement parking or dun sa walang ilaw.
    Also the shade hindi ba halata kapag magkaiba yung front winshield at driver and passenger windows?
    Tama lang ba price ng color stable?

Thanks
    Last edited by gearspeed; February 2nd, 2013 at 11:38 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    use 3M Simulator to see how it looks.

Simulator - Automotive window film - product simulator and demo - 3M PH

kung gusto mo talaga maximum privacy, get CS5 wrap around. compromise nga lang sa night driving. you really need to be careful on the road.

basta same series at magkasunod na VLT number, hindi sila masagwa tingnan. they will blend with each other. e.g. CS5 + CS20 combo, CS20 + CS35 combo, CS35 + CS50 combo.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Its done I had the van finally tinted color stable 5 then front winshield is color stable 20. Although the sales lady said
    Saleslady: sir the color stable warranty is only up to 3 years.
    Reaction: 3 years? I thought the color stable 3M tint is 5 years.

Saleslady couldn't answer anymore. She just asked her fellow saleslady.
    I just emailed 3M Philippines about it..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I called up 3M Philippines and they said they will correct the shop who said its only up to 3 years.They also said its original 3M tint.

Thanks 3M Philippines.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Nakakailang araw pa lang dumadami na bubbles nung tint ng van bumalik ako nakayod naman yun iba pero yung iba hindi na.
    Sabi ng installer balik ko daw next 2 weeks. Pag nandun pa din yung mga bubbles papalitan yung tint. Sinabi rin ng owner ng shop ibalik ko ng 2 weeks.
    Sagot ko observe ko na lang muna next week babalik na lang ako. Hindi na sumagot shop owner.
    Last edited by gearspeed; February 7th, 2013 at 04:21 PM.