New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Baka naman ginagamit po pa din yung rear defogger kahit may tint ka na? I hope not.
    I frequently use the defogger on our former EG Civic and up to this year with no problem whatsoever. The tint is 3M and was dealer installed in '95.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    pwede ka naman magdefogger kahit may tint ka eh, it has nothing to do with it.
    Depende din sa brand ng tint. As the defogger element heats up, it can soften the adhesive holding the tint. Even www.tintdude.com recommends using the defogger when doing DIY tint removal.

On the crappiest brands, the area surrounding the heating elements will not only lose adhesion, it will also lose color. Nagiging parang venetian blinds tuloy. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by redlake_56 View Post
    actually po, i rearly use the defogger. this tint is free from the casa, and its not 3m. hehehe. low quality nga cguro. i think the brand was sungard, one way silver. im not sure though. pero i wonder bat sa rear windshield sya ng umpisa. sa ibang windows, no prob nman.
    i doubt sunguard yan...kasi ok naman quality ng sunguard. baka ibang low quality brand yan..usually yun kinakabit na free ng casa.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    thanks for the reply guys. ill save up nlng ulit so i can replace the tint. i asked the casa again, kasi dito sa ilo2 the ones they install is the US gila tint. (not sure of the spelling). kaso i don't like black tint much, so i said ung silver nalang. so the service person there said that its sunguard daw. i dunno lng if they are really having originals. my agent told me, na no need to add na additional for a different tine, kasi parang freebie nlng yun.

(btw, meron bang mga pekeng tint?)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by redlake_56 View Post
    (btw, meron bang mga pekeng tint?)
    meron. 3M laganap...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Gila is not really what you can call a top brand, usually it is sold here in the US as DIY in mini rolls and can be considered quite cheap in US standards. Tinry ko kasi mag DIY (freakin' hard! wasted 60 bucks!), e palpak so pina tint ko na lang sa pro, 220 bucks! .

Recommended nila is llumar, huper optik, pinnacle, 3m, solargard.

Don't have any problem with the defoggers either, di rin ako sinabihan not to use it, in fact Lifetime warranty ang tint dito.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    thats cool. hehe.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    parang us ghila (spelling?) lang iyan... malamang hindi maayos ang pag install or tinipid iyun adhesive...

anyway nangyari na iyan eh ano pa magagawa diyan? no choice, tanging solution eh pa-palitan nalang iyan sa likod sandali lang naman gawin iyan...

tska bantayan mo ang trabaho para makita mo kung maayos ang pagkagawa, baka palpak ulit sayang pera... at whag iyun sa tabi tabi lang tulad ng mga nag lalako sa kalsada... hanap mo iyun may tindahan at canvas ka muna para hindi ka mapamahal...

pag kay misis or girlfriend okay lang iyun pagmamahal pero pag dating sa gastos hindi kailangan ng pag-mamahal mas gugustohin ko iyun mura ng mura palagi... hehehe

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    oo nga eh. sa ngayon, pag iipunan ko muna ng pera at ipagawa ulit yung rear windshield. hehe. la nman akong complaints sa ibang portions ng tint.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would guess ...

it looks like residual marks of some kind of tape that was used to handle the glass or to attach the defogger elements at the factory ... in which case the glass was not thoroughly cleaned at the factory and before tint installation

if the tint have to be replaced, make sure to have the glass cleaned, possibly with a cleaning substance (kerosene? rubbing compound? followed by glass cleaner?) to remove the invisible residue ... otherwise same marks would again appear later even with a new tint

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
TINT problems