New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hi guys!

I have a minor problem right now on what tint to use on a car that has factory smoked glass. You know where the entire half of the car's glass is black. But problem is it's not the typical half tinted ones we see here, they're factory smoked. I like the look of it no problem, but I want it to be tinted in the front for security and.. well because summer is fast approaching.

I looked on the different black shades of local tint brands but so far nothing has matched. Any inputs from gurus here or those who experienced the same situation will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Aw sorry sorry wrong thread

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    what brands have you seen already? from Solar Gard brand, you can take a look at XG Granite, HP Supreme and HP Charcoal.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Try Vkool oem.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Thanks for the reply guys! I have checked s.gard. I have yet to check the Vkool black ones though.

I also had a chat with a fellow owners from outside pinas and according to them... it will almost be impossible to have a window tint match the factory tinted privacy glass it terms of color shade. The smoked glass VLT will be around the 20ish just medium black window tints, but their shade (brownish, greyish, greenish etc.) will not be an exact match. Its like looking for a paint that doesn't have a paint code. hehe

I'll try to check Vkool's oem and if all fails to match I might just put on a lighter black tint on the fronts.