New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Mga sir, good day. Ano po ba ang possible solution sa strong light glare sa windshield na nanggagaling sa mga kasalubong na mga sasakyan?

Ang sakit po kasi sa mata kapag nagdadrive ako sa gabi, halos hinde ko na makita yung kalsada.
    Naka eyeglasses pa po ako.

Windshield detailing po ba ang pwedeng ipagawa? And anong shop po mairerecommend niyo? San Juan area po ako.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ^I don't think nasa windshield ang problema.
    When I was in my twenties, I don't mind the glare of oncoming vehicles, I can see very clearly in spite of the bright lights against my car.
    I would even prefer long drives at night as it was lesser traffic pag nadaraan ka sa mga bayan-bayan.
    But after more than a decade past those years, we have the same problem now and I try to avoid long drives at night

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    TS, baka yung mata mo na may problema? Try to install some good, quality tints na light to medium para mabawasan yung glare. Yung sa gsr ko kahit naka high beam kasalubong ko at kahit na hid na sabog eh hindi ko ramdam yung silaw, kaso you have to upgrade din yung headlight mo para maliwanag rin yung dadaanan mo...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ Not a good idea.

Windshield glare is not uncommon. It usually shows as streaks of light that can sometimes mask the whole viewing area. If it's not dirt that can be removed by car shampoo or soap, you can have the windshield undergo light detailing (claybar) or have it professionally polished.

If this happens only when it's raining, replace your windshield wipers first.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Get anti-reflective coating on your eye glasses if its offered on your next pair.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    ^ Not a good idea.

Windshield glare is not uncommon. It usually shows as streaks of light that can sometimes mask the whole viewing area. If it's not dirt that can be removed by car shampoo or soap, you can have the windshield undergo light detailing (claybar) or have it professionally polished.

If this happens only when it's raining, replace your windshield wipers first.
    +1.

Try to find out the other factors that cause you to notice the glare. 'Glare' is a bit generic.

The oncoming car may have its headlights aimed too high, or is using high beams. Though it is a no-no, some dumb f_cks keep doing it. What does the glare do to your windshield? Does it cause you to see streaks, and which parts are affected -- low part, high part, all around. Is it only when it rains? When it's a dry night, do you see streaks on your windshield causing it to be unclear? In the daytime, and when the sun is at an angle, do you see the same streaks?

If you're not sure, take it to a reputable detailer. Not just your average backyard carwash with cleaners just dying to use a buffing tool. Have them evaluate if the windshield needs detailing.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    +1.

Try to find out the other factors that cause you to notice the glare. 'Glare' is a bit generic.

The oncoming car may have its headlights aimed too high, or is using high beams. Though it is a no-no, some dumb f_cks keep doing it. What does the glare do to your windshield? Does it cause you to see streaks, and which parts are affected -- low part, high part, all around. Is it only when it rains? When it's a dry night, do you see streaks on your windshield causing it to be unclear? In the daytime, and when the sun is at an angle, do you see the same streaks?

If you're not sure, take it to a reputable detailer. Not just your average backyard carwash with cleaners just dying to use a buffing tool. Have them evaluate if the windshield needs detailing.
    Thank you for all the replies. Yes, I see streaks of light on my windshield. Mostly on the lower part and I experience it on both dry and rainy nights. And yes sir, I see those streak during daytime when sun rays are angled towards my windshield but not as bad compare during night drives.

I don't have much problem driving during daytime. I might consider replacing my eyeglasses. And have my windshield checked for possible detailing or polishing. Is there any shop that you would recommend for windshield detailing and polishing?

Before I forgot, I also see those streaks even when oncoming vehicles headlights are at low beam.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by onemph05 View Post
    Get anti-reflective coating on your eye glasses if its offered on your next pair.
    +1 on this, this helped me a lot on glares. some call it anti-glare coating.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bexxprojects View Post
    Thank you for all the replies. Yes, I see streaks of light on my windshield. Mostly on the lower part and I experience it on both dry and rainy nights. And yes sir, I see those streak during daytime when sun rays are angled towards my windshield but not as bad compare during night drives.

I don't have much problem driving during daytime. I might consider replacing my eyeglasses. And have my windshield checked for possible detailing or polishing. Is there any shop that you would recommend for windshield detailing and polishing?

Before I forgot, I also see those streaks even when oncoming vehicles headlights are at low beam.
    I see, then you need to have your windshield detailed, IMO. It's those streaks that emphasize the glare, especially at night. Big Berts in Ortigas Home Depot or along Araneta Ave should be able to do it. There's another good detailer in Eastwood. That's all I'm familiar with, sadly.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bexxprojects View Post
    Most glass cleaners won't take the heavy film build up. You need to use degreaser diluted in water. It can be applied while washing the car or sprayed directly onto a microfiber, then rinsed in seconds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast