New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *calix0305: with regards sa shade, tama si yourman_2nd. mas okay pumili sa actual para ma-match mo sa color ng auto mo.

para maliwanag sa gabi, choose between 30-40% VLT. ok heat rejection nyan.

also, choose High Performance (HP) series with 5-year warranty. more bang-for-the-buck.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    *calix0305: with regards sa shade, tama si yourman_2nd. mas okay pumili sa actual para ma-match mo sa color ng auto mo.

para maliwanag sa gabi, choose between 30-40% VLT. ok heat rejection nyan.

also, choose High Performance (HP) series with 5-year warranty. more bang-for-the-buck.
    Thank you so much red_one for the reply. any idea how much the HP series. also, is the HP series GPS friendly?

How about the Smoke NR series? is it good?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *calix0305: HP Quantum 37 ang pina-install ko sa windshield at 2 front windows. costed me P3,400 in Santolan branch. sulit na sulit na yan because of the included 5-year warranty.

i don't use GPS so can't give personal feedback. but based on prior inquiry with them, there is no GPS problem. you better call SolarGard directly to confirm this. their contact numbers are listed on page 14.

NR Smoke because it is Dye-based has lower TSER (Heat Rejection) and lower VLR (Anti-Glare). let us compare the closest NR Smoke shade to my HP Quantum 37:

HP Quantum 37
    VLT = 37%
    VLR = 10%
    TSER = 48%
    UVR = 99%

NR Smoke 35
    VLT = 31%
    VLR = 4%
    TSER = 33%
    UVR = 98%

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    *calix0305: HP Quantum 37 ang pina-install ko sa windshield at 2 front windows. costed me P3,400 in Santolan branch. sulit na sulit na yan because of the included 5-year warranty.

i don't use GPS so can't give personal feedback. but based on prior inquiry with them, there is no GPS problem. you better call SolarGard directly to confirm this. their contact numbers are listed on page 14.

NR Smoke because it is Dye-based has lower TSER (Heat Rejection) and lower VLR (Anti-Glare). let us compare the closest NR Smoke shade to my HP Quantum 37:

HP Quantum 37
    VLT = 37%
    VLR = 10%
    TSER = 48%
    UVR = 99%

NR Smoke 35
    VLT = 31%
    VLR = 4%
    TSER = 33%
    UVR = 98%
    Great info Sir.

This will really helps me a lot. HP quantum is indeed superior over NR smoke, one thing i have to consider now is if it is GPS friendly.

Thanks again.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    baka magkita tayo sa santolan sa saturday morning sir. baka gayahin ko na din si sir red, HP Q37 for the windshield and front sides.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    ang shade difference between HP Quantum 37 and HP Quantum 28 is negligible. 32% ang VLT ng HP Quantum 28 so actually it should be renamed to HP Quantum 32. we opted for HP Quantum 37 for maximum safety during night driving.

with regards to privacy naman, hindi kita ang loob ng sasakyan not unless talagang lumapit ka sa glass at titigan mo mabuti.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    hmm. thanks sir red sa actual sample. baka mag Q 28 ako sa windshield and Q 14 sa front windows. but will still check and compare with the present tints installed in my car. i would want to retain the privacy of my present tints, but want to increase the heat rejection on the windshield and increase the night driveability on the front windows.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *yourman_2nd: ang previous tint ng front windows ko was 3M with 20% VLT. madilim ang side mirrors, so i would still suggest getting Q28 for the front windows if you go with Q28 for windshield. but still up to you.

actually if we shall follow international standard for safety, ang minimum allowed is 70% VLT sa windshield at 35% VLT sa front windows. pero wala pa kasi tayong batas para sa auto tint.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman_2nd View Post
    hmm. thanks sir red sa actual sample. baka mag Q 28 ako sa windshield and Q 14 sa front windows. but will still check and compare with the present tints installed in my car. i would want to retain the privacy of my present tints, but want to increase the heat rejection on the windshield and increase the night driveability on the front windows.
    Sinamahan ko na yun cousin ko nagpainstall kami ng tint sa banawe branch, for a corolla nakuha namin ng 4800 wrap around. For windshield is HP quantum 28 and the rest is HP quantum 19, after the installation medyo gabi na pero sobra linaw ng view kahit sa side windows para bang feeling ko walang tint and I check yun gps app ko and gumagana pa din sya.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    ^Nice feedback. So there is still chance that HP Quantum 19 might work for the side windows. Magandang i-test yan sa isang gabing madilim. Another factor rin kasi is our eyes. If 20/20 ang vision ng driver, no problem kahit medyo madilim ang tint.

That's good news that your GPS is working.

Solarguard Tint