New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    mga sir, about 3 weeks ago nagpatint ako jan sa me cubao i won't mention the shop's name na lang para walalng hassle. Anyway, generally the job was good naman sa mga windows pulido ang pagkakagawa except for a few bubbles on the edges of the tint dun pa naman sa windshield(front)and another thing is, (and i'd like to ask your opinion on this) bakit me hati yung tint sa harap? di ba talaga kayang itint yung buong windshield ng walang hati? tinanong ko yung guy na nagkakabit sabi nya ganon daw talaga sizes ng mga tint wala daw talagang buong tint para sa windshield, is this really true? since hindi naman nabanggit sakin nung kausap ko na hati-hati pala gagawin nilang paglagay ng tint at tsaka hindi ako nakatingin nung kinakabit yung tint (nag iinquire kasi ko ng alarm and central lock sa mga katabing stores at the time kaya nung pagbalik ko tsaka ko pa lang napansin na me hati yung tint)...no opinion nyo guys?
    Last edited by box_type; December 19th, 2005 at 11:34 AM. Reason: kulang

Kaya yung 1-piece sa windshield, it really depends on the skills of the workers. Yung bubbles sa tint should be gone by a couple of days, pero dapat bilad mo sa araw. If there are still bubbles, you should have it reinstalled.

Have a couple of questions:
    Did you have your tint installed outdoors?
    What tools did they use? Did they miticulously cut the tint film? Did they get most if not all of the bubbles out?
    How much did they charge you?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    tinanong ko yung guy na nagkakabit sabi nya ganon daw talaga sizes ng mga tint wala daw talagang buong tint para sa windshield
    WTF?! I smell BS...

teka, ano ba vehicle mo? yung auto (Honda Accord) ko bro naka-1 piece yung windshield.. walang putol.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    My front windshield was 3 pieces. It looked like 1 piece when they finished, you couldn't really notice that it's 3 pieces. But, i was glad it was 3 pieces, because after 3 days of driving with dark tint on my front windshield, i had to take out the middle piece. I couldn't see at night, pot holes, ppl on bikes with no reflectors.. ppl walking on the side of dark roads. I ended up taking off the middle piece n bottom piece n just left the top piece on. Sa tingin ko, its 3 pieces bcuz you get less bubbles(cuz they sqeeze the bubbles out) n its easier to apply.

Yeah, it really depends where n how they put the tint on. I had mine done for about.. 3.5 i think. I got it done at a bad location though, they didnt have a special room where they bring the car in to tint it. They did it right outside, and the road in front of the shop was busy with cars, so obviously, there was dust flyin around..whether u could see it or not. The road was the Binakayan-Bacoor road.which leads to SM Bacoor. Though I have a few tiny tiny bubbles... most likely due to the envirtonment of where it was tinted, its all good. My tint is holding up, the bubbles aren't getting any bigger.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Kaya yung 1 piece tint sa windshield. Some shops uses blower/heater to the tint sheet prior peeling and mounting. Why use blower? to mold the tint with the convex curve of the windshield.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Merong 1 piece installation with extra charge. Baka hindi mo nasabi na 1 piece installation ang gusto mo?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    winterpine can do 1 piece tints. same process as leinahtan said.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    thanks for all the replies guess my bad for not clearing everything out before the installation, anyway charge to experience na lang thanks folks!

Scotchtint question