New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi tsikoteers,

I was washing my car yesterday morning and the air was kinda warm. Then just before i was about to wipe my car dry, i had noticed that water marks can be seen throughout my windshield and windows, and i tried shamppoing it again, but to no avail i cannot remove the watermarks. I tried searching through tsikot on solutions regarding my problem, some had suggested using 3M scratch remover and big berts professional detailing.

For 3m Scratch remover, is it really safe for me to use this product on my windshield and window? cause through the thread, someone had replied to check wheter there are micro scratches on the glass. By having such a reply on the thread i had begun to doubt that 3m scratch remover would effectively solve my problem.

Next, regarding BigBerts Auto Detailing, sadly i do not have the luxury of time to bring myself and my car all the way down to manila since i am living in Baguio.

So, in order for me to solve my problem, is it safe for me to use rubbing compound to remove watermarks and or stains on my windshield and windows? if so what brand do you guys recommend?

Thanks and more power!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    it's better to use the elevo watermark remover. buy the paste version. it's easier to apply. available at handyman , truevalue.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    it's better to use the elevo watermark remover. buy the paste version. it's easier to apply. available at handyman , truevalue.

so sir, is this really the effective solution to my problem? since natuyuan po ako eh

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    The paste version will be very effective for light watermarks. follow-up with rain clear gel for long lasting protection.

rubbing compd. safe for glass?