New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    In the sunlight or from a distance, you can see a rainbow stain along the windshield, it's quite big. What is that? How can i get rid of it?

I bought this product called, "D'Best Windshield Polishing", i rubbed it in, washed it off, it didn't work. I then tried vinegar with water to no prevail, then I tried a little bit of acetone, still didn't work. Is there a product that I could buy for a DIY at home? how much? I'd rather not take my car to a shop to get that fixed, magastos heheh. I'd rather do it myself at home. I have no tint on my front windshield,except for the top 1/4 portion of the windshield, there's a strip of tint that I decided not to peel off when I removed my tint up front. I have a 92 Sentra, 2nd hand, not sure what the 1st owner did to it or how it got that way. Any ideas??

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    One of my tints had this so called "rainbow effect" and I got rid of this nuisance by simply having the shop replace that "problematic" tint panel. Under warranty, of course.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    your windshield might be the tempered one and not the laminated ones. talagang parang may rainbow yung mga tempered windshields especially kung curved ito.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hmmm yah, u may be right. The 1st owner may have replaced it, because on the top 2 corners of the windshield where the glass meets the body of the car, it looks as if it wasn't put back correctly to a perfect fit, so he may have put in a cheap windshield.

So, basically, there's no way of getting rid of the rainbow?..without replacing the windshield?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayaw mo nun? laging maganda ang nakikita mo at may rainbow!

:rainbow:

hehehe!

just kiddin.

I tried before to have my windshield buffed to remove the rainbow... I thought before that it might just be grime / dirt.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aside from the items that they have enumerated. baka accumulated oil lang... have it cleaned regularly using industrial glass cleaners.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Windshield talaga ang prob nyan..kahit mag palit ka ng tint ganun parin yan ..got the same prob here.. pag nasilawan ng araw mag aka rainbow effect na pero its no big deal.. I dont want to waste my money buying a new windshield.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    look under the car seats, baka nandun yung pot of gold.

tapos nun, try mo gamitan ng glass cleaners.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by konde
    look under the car seats, baka nandun yung pot of gold.
    Baka may kasamang leprechaun din yun. :D

Kung hindi pa rin matanggal at hindi naman nakakasagabal sa pagmaneho, might as well live with it. Unless you can readily afford a new windshield.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung tempered windshield yan, talagang hindi talaga matatanggal yan.
    Signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Rainbows on my windshield??