New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Anybody tried this product yet?
    Is it very effective? How effective is it?
    Can it be used on side mirrors?
    btw..
    It costs P350 on BLADE..need feedbacks thanks
    sorry for the numerous newbie questions

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    hi. i tried using this product and it's good as window cleaner but not as good as water repellant. I guess you need to apply Rain Clear water repellant to maximize the water repelling action of rain clear which I have not tried yet because I can't find one.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Anybody tried this product yet?
    Is it very effective? How effective is it?
    Can it be used on side mirrors?
    btw..
    It costs P350 on BLADE..need feedbacks thanks
    sorry for the numerous newbie questions

I've tried it. And it's a good product for those times when you need a quick AIO for your windshield and side mirrors.

But... it should be noted that I have used it as a mere maintenance/booster product in between my regular claybar, Glass Scrub, and Rain Clear Gel regimen.

Hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    thanks for the feedback guys
    clarification, so it's not that effective as a rain repellant but it's good as a glass cleaner?
    RAIN CLEAR GEL is still the best for rain repellant?
    TIA TIA =)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thanks for the feedback guys
    clarification, so it's not that effective as a rain repellant but it's good as a glass cleaner?
    RAIN CLEAR GEL is still the best for rain repellant?
    TIA TIA =)
    To put things into perspective, a comparison of the spray with the gel is not a fair one, as they are of different categories.

Used properly, I would still consider the Glass Cleaner & Rain Repellent Spray as that which leaves some water repellent coating on your windshield - and it performs well IME. In one of my vehicles, i haven't done a Glass Scrub and Rain Clear Gel routine for more than six (6) months now. I've just done a weekly application of the Rain Clear Spray. No water spot problem so far.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjon_u View Post
    To put things into perspective, a comparison of the spray with the gel is not a fair one, as they are of different categories.

Used properly, I would still consider the Glass Cleaner & Rain Repellent Spray as that which leaves some water repellent coating on your windshield - and it performs well IME. In one of my vehicles, i haven't done a Glass Scrub and Rain Clear Gel routine for more than six (6) months now. I've just done a weekly application of the Rain Clear Spray. No water spot problem so far.

does it cause any problem at all with your wipers? (judder, affects the wiper blade etc.) TIA again sir

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    does it cause any problem at all with your wipers? (judder, affects the wiper blade etc.) TIA again sir

No judders - my guess is that my prep (clay and Mothers Chrome Polish or Glass Scrub) of the glass helped a lot. You might even find that you won't even use your wipers as often. IME, I still get relatively good visibility during a rain because it just beads up on the windshield.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    What if I don't do the prep? (cause i don't have the budget yet).. Will it still work if I only just clean the glass and then apply the Rain clear spray?
    I have an Armorall Auto Glass Cleaner (Spray) too btw..Does it also come in handy when it comes to caring/maintenance of the glass?

edit: BTW may I know po what are the brands of those prep items you use? Just in case lang po pag nakaipon ng konti ma-try naman..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Back when I was using water repellents (Rain-X) on my windows, I don't use it on my front windshield because it causes my wipers to skip. I just use the product on my other glass surfaces (sides, rear and mirrors).

I don't see the need to use it on the front windshield since the wiper will remove the repellent film after a few minutes of wiper action.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    What if I don't do the prep? (cause i don't have the budget yet).. Will it still work if I only just clean the glass and then apply the Rain clear spray?
    I have an Armorall Auto Glass Cleaner (Spray) too btw..Does it also come in handy when it comes to caring/maintenance of the glass?

edit: BTW may I know po what are the brands of those prep items you use? Just in case lang po pag nakaipon ng konti ma-try naman..
    The ones I used are the detailing clay, and either the Mother's Chrome Polish or the Glass Scrub. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Rain Clear glass cleaner and rain repellant spray