New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sis, question.

Right now, my rides are all wrapped around in Platinum, Magic tint installed by Honda. All ok and I like them. Visibility at night (paramount concern to me since I have very poor eyesight) is really really good. At daylight, okay rin, as if no tint, and you're hardly visible from the outside.

But I am also concerned about the recent news on carjacking. I'm completely visible from the outside at night, only "visor" tint at front. And from the back, it's obvious that I'm driving alone. I made up my mind to install 3m Magic Medium Black to cover my front.

Now my question, pwede ko bang ipadoble 'yung magic tint ko sa sides at sa back to further protect me from prying outsiders? ayoko naman kasing alisin at sayang yung platinum tint eh. kung pwedeng ipa double magic tint, i'll probably wrap it with solar gard (cheaper) quantum medium black.

Thanks...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    yah. ako din problem ko yan.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Get rid of your present tint and get a one-way silver tint. What we have on my dad's van is the silver one-way tint on all windows, rear windshield and front windshield visor PLUS Polaroid Super Black tint on all areas mentioned. On the front windshield we have the medium grey 3M Magic Tint. Astig lang nito because even during the day, the interior of the van is invisible even if you take a peek on the windows. Imagine looking at a mirror. Bad trip lang pag gabi, feeling mo naka-shades ka! hehehe!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi
    Get rid of your present tint and get a one-way silver tint. What we have on my dad's van is the silver one-way tint on all windows, rear windshield and front windshield visor PLUS Polaroid Super Black tint on all areas mentioned. On the front windshield we have the medium grey 3M Magic Tint. Astig lang nito because even during the day, the interior of the van is invisible even if you take a peek on the windows. Imagine looking at a mirror. Bad trip lang pag gabi, feeling mo naka-shades ka! hehehe!
    ok ba ang "one-way silver tint" kaysa magic black ano mas malaki ang protection sa UV rays, one-way silver or magic black.

sorry but I don't agree with installing a "one-way silver tint"... nakakasilaw sa ibang driver... please consider that bro.

btw try calling solargard they have this gray-silver-gray tint, which IMO will suite your needs, it comes with a 5-year warranty. 7255570 look for leslie.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm. imho, have a sungard silver tint installed over your existing platinum tints. safe na yun, di ka na makikita sa loob.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    mura lang kaya yun.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by acenie
    ok ba ang "one-way silver tint" kaysa magic black ano mas malaki ang protection sa UV rays, one-way silver or magic black.
    The cheap "one-way silver tint" does NOT have UV protection (like the ones that we have). Get the branded ones like Solargard (like what I had installed on my sister's '94 Lancer EL), 3M or V-Kool.

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    sorry but I don't agree with installing a "one-way silver tint"... nakakasilaw sa ibang driver... please consider that bro.
    We did actually. Hindi naman nakakasilaw yung tint ng van since mataas yung windshield. The only time na masisilaw ka eh kapag may na naka-high beam na sobrang taas ng orientation. The color is very similar to the Solargard Silver tint. That's why I went ahead and had it installed on our van. Security is a major factor on this. Mahirap na especially sa QC area.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    The perks of having dark tints...

http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?...47593885400196

question on styling and tints