New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    more for heat protection and added security i guess. what do you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by slyfox View Post
    Ok lang if you ask me. It's a practical choice in our weather more than anything else.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by slyfox View Post
    IMO it's a necessity in our country and weather. Sometimes we do leave some valuables in the car and the tint will at least provide a passive safety na hindi agad makikita yun.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    thanks for the reply guys. i noticed kasi most top downs here don't have their windows tinted mainly because it would look funny daw when you retract the top. but then again who drives with their top down naman here in manila di ba

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    If you own a convertible, i think you should drive with the top down as much as you can.

My personal opinion on the tint issue is that you should not tint for practical purposes. I assume you did not get your convertible for practical purposes anyway. If you think that tinting it would add to your overall driving experience (ie, make it look better) then it is ok. But if any part of you agree that it will ruin the top down look and thus your ability to maximize enjoyment of the car, it would be a shame. Leave practical considerations for your practical car (ie, van, suv or sedan).

Good luck.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    thanks radioknight. actually safety was also a concern. and will follow your advice and drive it with the top down as much as i can

is it okay to tint a top-down/convertible?