New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Post them here tint gurus!

i was told newly tinted cars needs exposing to the sun 3 days before rolling the windows down.

*unfortunately, i forgot and rolled the window down. is it gonna be broken na?

also, i notice supertiny bubble-like figures in some parts of the window panel, is this normal?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by supercar10 View Post
    Post them here tint gurus!

i was told newly tinted cars needs exposing to the sun 3 days before rolling the windows down.

*unfortunately, i forgot and rolled the window down. is it gonna be broken na?

also, i notice supertiny bubble-like figures in some parts of the window panel, is this normal?
    When i got my car tinted i never need to exposed to the sun 3 days before rolling down the window . If the installer put it properly there will be no bubbles on it. Now it almost 2 years the tint still looks good and no bubbles on it. It also depend on the installer.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yup, palpak ang installer kaya may bubbles. Ibalik mo doon and demand that they redo it at no extra cost to you.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yung sa akin generic na tint lang ang ginamit pero walang arte gamit lang agad wala ding bubbles 4 years na, I guess nasa nag install din yan nakakaawa nga yung naglagay 12 noon nasa gitna ng araw yung kotse andun siya sa loob sarado lahat ng windows napabigay tuloy ako ng tip he he

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    New tints, whether neatly done (zero bubbles and perfectly laid down) or a nasty install needs to be exposed to heat (preferably sunlight) to cure faster. It's optional but it helps a lot. I personally, the one tinting our cars and in cases of rain or the non-appearance of sunlight, I just use a flood light or spot light on the glasses.

As for the small bubbles that almost all if not all tinters say that "mawawala yan, ibilad mo lang sa araw," all i can say its pure BS and katamaran. If you shrunk your tint well and is laid perfectly flat against the glass, there won't be any air bubbles if the slip solution is properly squeegeed.

Tinting is a highly skilled procedure. It looks easy, but its not. Honestly, I've messed up around 30 meters of tint before I made it perfect. Not to mention that tint removal also requires almost the same amount of skillset to be done well. A good tint removal does not leave any residue on the glass. Although its still removalble with a blade, sayang ang oras.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    sir, mine was installed in the casa, their supposedly "highly trained" tint people said it was normal and that the tiny air bubbles will disappear 'pag nabiladan' so i didn't complain anymore. "highly trained" ba naman daw, me, normal consumer lang. xp

so..

1. is this true? bilad ko lang sa sun and air bubbles will be gone?

2. i accidentally rolled down a window on the 1st day (sabi 3 days before dapat), will the tint be ok? or will it break na?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    the bubbles will "still" be there, but not noticeable. have your glasses super clean and i can say that you will be able to spot them. these are very noticeable for black tints, but for reflective tints, they are somehow hidden, but still there of course.

accidentally rollng down the windows won't mess them up that easily. just don't repeat the same mistake. the tinting process of side glasses themselves require putting up and down the glasses minimally.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    the bubbles will "still" be there, but not noticeable. have your glasses super clean and i can say that you will be able to spot them. these are very noticeable for black tints, but for reflective tints, they are somehow hidden, but still there of course.

accidentally rollng down the windows won't mess them up that easily. just don't repeat the same mistake. the tinting process of side glasses themselves require putting up and down the glasses minimally.
    so there's no use exposing it to the sun anymore? its not much naman, couple of tiny specs sa corners ng windows (sa mahirap lagyan na part i'm guessing) though nakaka irrita din coz i expected better from the casa. hope they don't peel naman, especially sa window na i rooled down prematurely.. (knock on wood)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    i think theres nothing wrong if youll leave your car under the sun for 3 days.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Can I have the medium black tint na pinatong sa super black tint replaced with medium light?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
New tint DOs and DON'Ts