New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    nagcacrack po ba ang windshield due to changes in temperature? kunwari po, nakabilad sa araw ang kotse tapos nakatapat sa windshield iyong aircon..magcacrack po kaya ito?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Generally no. But there are also external factors like weakened glass (age, etc.), chassis flex, and other factors.

Or maybe you have the hottest windshield and the coldest a/c. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Generally no. But there are also external factors like weakened glass (age, etc.), chassis flex, and other factors.

Or maybe you have the hottest windshield and the coldest a/c. :D
    Probably not even that. Here in Arizona, We'd have the A/C at 3/4 maximum with temperature inside the car an estimated 75F/24C (so cold sometimes we have to turn it down to 1/4) while outside, it's almost 120F/49C.

It'll have to take something solid like direct hit from a pebble to crack a windshield.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Yes, but in colder places.

When I wake up on frosty mornings, I usually see people who are

1 - too lazy to scrape their windshield/windows, or
    2 - too cheap to buy a can/bottle of de-icer, and
    3 - stupid enough to pour warm/boiling water on it.

Windshields can crack if you do #3. I know a few who learned their lesson the hard way

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    Probably not even that. Here in Arizona, We'd have the A/C at 3/4 maximum with temperature inside the car an estimated 75F/24C (so cold sometimes we have to turn it down to 1/4) while outside, it's almost 120F/49C.

It'll have to take something solid like direct hit from a pebble to crack a windshield.
    is the A/C directed at the windshield?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Unless you expose them to temperature differentials that large, the shouldn't crack... actually, even with the hot water in icy conditions, I'd bet newer ones would survive.

If the windshield will crack at all, it'll be due to chassis damage or flex, where the body is not perfectly aligned to the windshield anymore.

There is the odd windshield, though, that'll suddenly shatter for no reason. Honda had an issue with these in the 80's, I think.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix
    3 - stupid enough to pour warm/boiling water on it.

Windshields can crack if you do #3. I know a few who learned their lesson the hard way
    Hahah, know a couple of dorm-mates who did this before hehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    There is the odd windshield, though, that'll suddenly shatter for no reason. Honda had an issue with these in the 80's, I think.
    Saw this happen sa Gemini ng friend ko din, mga 60kph takbo dati (early 90s) sa SLEX and for no reason (walang tumama), nagcrack ang shatter nalang (tempered).

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sobrang vibrations while running?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede din kapag nalubak, mag-flex yung frame ng windshield. Kung mahina na ang salamin, Crack! hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
nagcacrack ba ang windshield?