New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Brothers - I have a windshields that was cleaned by a rotary buffer pad which i think causes the swirl micro scratches that are visible only if hit by a direct sunlight. Do someone encounter this and have been fixed?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by h0tgunn View Post
    Brothers - I have a windshields that was cleaned by a rotary buffer pad which i think causes the swirl micro scratches that are visible only if hit by a direct sunlight. Do someone encounter this and have been fixed?

Thanks!
    Needs to be polished with a glass polishing compound. Bring it to a professional detailer to fix it.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    I have a question, do compounds eliminate the scratches completely, or do they simply hide it?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Harangody View Post
    I have a question, do compounds eliminate the scratches completely, or do they simply hide it?
    They remove scratches by removing a thin layer of glass. Those compounds are polishing compounds which act like liquid sand paper. Do it wrong, it will cause more problems.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I'll try the Novus in Ziebart-Carsavers. Hope it will do the trick. The owner told me it still has a chance. It's a little pricey but i believe it worth for a month old car...

Micro scratches on windshields