New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Chief, ano po ba ang DIY na pwede gawin para luminaw ang windshield? Sobrang labo ng windshield ko pag naulan at pagkatapos umulan...kahit pa ilang beses punasan ng tuyong basahan ang inner at sabay naka-on ang wiper ay ganun pa rin, andun pa rin ang patak ng ulan. Hirap po magdrive at nag-zezero visibility kahit pa umagang umaga.

Needs some tips and advices po mga gurus how to DIY and what cream or fluids, etc I could use to make my windshield clear. TIA

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir AcidBurn,

Seems like your glass has mineral deposits already, which was caused by frequent drying of water (thus, build-up of scale like mineral deposits). You need to thoroughly buff your glass using an "AutoSol" metal polish cream (in tube). I must say that it wont be an easy job since you really need to exert some effort on removing those deposits, but it gets the job done. May I also suggest that you do a regular "Drying or Wiping Job" everytime your glass gets wet by water, this is to prevent further build-up. By the way, you can buy this AutoSol on several hardwares or supermarket. In my case, I bought them in Puregold and Workstation. Thanks

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Windshield detailing nalang. Magbabayad ka lang at magiintay.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Chief, ano po ba ang DIY na pwede gawin para luminaw ang windshield? Sobrang labo ng windshield ko pag naulan at pagkatapos umulan...kahit pa ilang beses punasan ng tuyong basahan ang inner at sabay naka-on ang wiper ay ganun pa rin, andun pa rin ang patak ng ulan. Hirap po magdrive at nag-zezero visibility kahit pa umagang umaga.

Needs some tips and advices po mga gurus how to DIY and what cream or fluids, etc I could use to make my windshield clear. TIA
    sir may a/c po ba car niyo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RainX or Rain Act lang yan, and the usual cleaning.

1. clean the outside of your windshield very well. dapat walang wax residues, no salt, no grime. the best to use is Joy liquid detergent, matapang ang halo, and you might have to do it several times if the car is old. after washing with joy, use glass cleaner. be careful not to spray on metal parts as glass cleaner has ammonia. better to wet a clean cloth/pranela and wipe the glass. then wash with fresh water. wipe dry, do not let the water dry by itself as water from the tap has dissolved salt.

if the car is new and never been waxed then simple cleaning with plain car shampoo (no wax!) should be enough.

NOTE: do not even try to apply RainX or Rain Act on a windshield that has not been cleaned as above or else the windshield wiper will shudder during operation. that's because the deposits on the glass will cause the rubber to skip.

2. apply RainX or RainAct "invisible wiper" silicone coating as per the procedure described on the bottle. best to use cotton balls and not cloth/pranela when applying.

3. on the final buff it is best to use a slightly damp cloth.

4. for the inside, clean with joy detergent and then rinse using a damp cloth several times.

5. apply RainX or Rain Act Anti-Fog. this is different from the invisible wiper, this is for use on the inside of the glass to prevent fogging of the glass.

i have been doing this for years and i never had any problems. there will be some people who will say that RainX and the like will cause the wiper blades to shudder or skip. the secret is a clean glass surface, and "clean" here means very clean. any wax residue, salt deposits or dirt/grime, no matter how invisible will cause the wiper blades to skip. if the glass is clean before applying RainX then you will have no problems at all.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    There has likely been a build-up of oils and grime on your windshield, which exhibits as a "film" whenever you use your wipers. You need to remove this film using a glass cleanser - this is different from a normal (liquid) glass cleaner, which only removes dirt on the surface of the glass, but does not reach into the "pores" of your glass to remove built-up gunk. As mentioned above, metal polishes can work, though there are also products made specifically for glass, such as Mothers California Gold Water Spot Remover, Microtex Glaz Stainz Out, Glass Science Glass Scrub, etc.

Common among all these products is that you will need a bit of effort to apply the product - you need to work it into the glass, with a bit of pressure, and do several passes over the windshield. Once the glass has been cleaned, again as mentioned, you can use a rain repellent treatment on your windshield - I've recently used Microtex Glaz Stain Guard, and have been very impressed with it - great water behaviour, does not cause wiper judder as some other rain repellents can, and so far, has held up to wiper action a lot better than either the rain repellent I've previously used (Glass Science Rain Clear), or the sealant (Opti-Seal) that was my choice on glass prior to using Stain Guard.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Windshield detail mo bro after that change your wipers to new ones. Make sure na you take care of your windshield.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post

Just turn on your A/C. Your windshield is starting to fog up due to temperature changes (warmer temp inside compared to outside).

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    if not due to the temperature difference as per Roy, ipa windshield detail mo na lang. tapos maintain as per Umi. btw, make sure compatible yung glass chemical mo sa wiper fluid para hindi mag-kontrahan. kung kailangan magpalit ng wiper blades kasi luma na, highly recommended yung aero blade wipers (aka banana type)

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Grime can also accumulate on the inside surface of the windshield. I usually wipe the inside with a dry crumpled sheet of newspaper. I don't use chemicals inside that may damage the dash if spilled. Konting tyaga lang talaga.

*umi: Di pa ata widely available si Microtex Glaz. I do see their windshield washer fluid in most Ace and Blade stores.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Malabong windshield pag umuulan and after the rain