New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    what's the lightest 3m tint you can buy in the country nowadays? My car came with orig 3M tint but some panels have scratches and little holes from previous owner abuse and I'm considering getting new tint, but of a lighter shade

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Lightest tint should be the transparent clear tint. Akala mo walang tint na nakalagay.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    what 3M tint type is that?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    3M Crystalline ata tawag dun if I'm not mistaken. You can check on it pero it's commonly called as clear tint.

The appearance is like you don't have tint but it rejects heat & uv rays.

Downside is it's expensive. 5 digits for the whole car. Probably 10-20k, somewhere between that range.

The cheapest 3M tint is 3M FX. When you get the light tint of the FX series might as well just remove your tint. It has a small percentage of heat rejected hence it's almost close to being useless. If you want a good kind of 3M, it's the 3M CS (Color Stable) or 3M BC (Black Chrome -- eto yung magic/reflectorized type)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    3M Crystalline 70 is the lightest tint available. It'll let in 70% of transmitted light into the car - for all intents and purposes it's almost transparent. It's also very, very expensive.

I think the next notch down is their 35% tint film lineup. I'm using 3M's Black Chrome BC35 on all my windows, so far so good. Forgot how much it cost me but definitely not more than PhP6,000 for the whole car.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    kung super clear ang gusto mo, pili ka lang ng meron mataas na VLT, 60-70%.

e.g. 3M Crystalline CR60 or CR70, V-Kool VK70 or X75, Huper Optik C60 or C70, SolarGard LX70, etc.

same looks lang mga yan, parang wala tint. pero ang price depends on their TSER property. mas mataas na heat rejection, mas mahal.

kung gusto mo naman ng slight shade of color, pili ka ng 30-35% VLT.

for illustration purposes:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Where can I get an estimate for 3M Crystalline 70, even for just the front windshield?