New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Salanguit View Post
    pwede po ba gamitin yung polisher sa windows para matanggal mga gasgas? Anung compound po ginagamet?

Thank you
    wiper marks?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    even with washer fluid? if i use my wipers i heavily use the washer fluid.. aka soft water Hydrophobic Glass Treatments

Nagskip pa rin ung wipers haha hmm..i guess no choice but to have it buff off ulit.

Either I want the windshield to be beading up but wiper skips or windshield to be sheeting but wiper doesnt skip.

Most probably the latter since pag heavy rains na, need to use wipers continously.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Nagskip pa rin ung wipers haha hmm..i guess no choice but to have it buff off ulit.

Either I want the windshield to be beading up but wiper skips or windshield to be sheeting but wiper doesnt skip.

Most probably the latter since pag heavy rains na, need to use wipers continously.
    Have you tried yung Glaz Squix ata name nung product. Was going to try sana baka maayos yung skipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012

upgrade to silicone wiper blades? the stock rubber ones are thin

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    wipers skipping/judder; assuming my windshield is clean(free from any contaminants), i wax it also as i would with the body paint.
    also cleaning the wiper blades with a rag damped with denatured alcohol helps. look how much dirt you can get with it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    upgrade to silicone wiper blades? the stock rubber ones are thin

Not sure if I can get silicone wipers for my vehicle. Have to shop around to look. Haha.

If all else fails again then im going to have to coating removed (again)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    I also tried Rain-X and not satisfied, the Elevo brand is much better, same ease to apply as the Rain-X but last longer.
    The best among the three is Glass Science, but its so tedious to apply, but the effect will last for months.
    I also noticed a lot of windshield watermarks weeks after I started using Rain-X.
    Glass Science Rain Clear gel is a good choice. I've been using it for more than 6 months and so far the only complaint I have for this product is that it can be tedious to apply it. Some careful effort is needed to evenly apply the gel on the window. Usually takes me at least 30 mins to apply the gel to all windows on a compact sedan.

The hydrophobic properties from this product can last up to 2 months on a sunny weather season but during rainy season between 2 to 4 weeks only. A lot of dusts would stick on to the window after driving on a sunny day. A bit of water spots can become obvious but can be easily cleaned. Overall it's a good product, adds some protection to the window, can help prevent water spots and stains from building up.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Sabi nung isang shop owner na nakausap ko who applies ceramic/glass coatings, he puts on 3 layers of coating sa windshield and he coats the wipers daw. Thinking if I should avail that service. Medyo pricey din for just the windshield at 3Kphp.

Willing ako gumastos basta wipers shouldn't skip dapat at all kinds of wiper speed setting.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Sabi nung isang shop owner na nakausap ko who applies ceramic/glass coatings, he puts on 3 layers of coating sa windshield and he coats the wipers daw. Thinking if I should avail that service. Medyo pricey din for just the windshield at 3Kphp.

Willing ako gumastos basta wipers shouldn't skip dapat at all kinds of wiper speed setting.
    Try Glass Science first and see if it would help prevent your car's wipers from skipping. So far it worked well for my 10yo Mazda3.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Used RainX once but it resulted to noisy and skipping wiper. I noticed this when you dont use the wiper (no rain!) and then comes the rain after several days again. The noisy and skipping wiper is very irritating. had my wiper and windshield soaped liberally after, then used glass clear to remove the residues of rain x. still with skipping wipers. No choice so I changed my wiper blades and solved the skipping problem... Now I just use soap to clean my windshield and glass cleaner for stubborn dirt or grime

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast