New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi this morning as I clean my windshield I saw a small crack, from inside I thought it was just a bug sticking at my windshield but when I went out to wipe it, it turns out that it was a small crack as small as the tip of an nail.

Is there a shop that fixes those small dings/crack in the windshield? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Theres's a shop in kalayaan ave qc that fix small cracks sa windshield. You can also search here just type windshield repair.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Do they wipe the small crack clean? mine is really small, size of a bug but problem is i'm thinking that it may get worst as time pass since mine has diesel engine and vibrates a lot. the ding may develop into a crack later on.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yes, it will get worse not only due to the engine vibration. Consider factors like sudden weather temperature changes, opening closing of the hood and doors and the constant wind pressure.

I have experienced this with a small 'mungo'-sized chip. In 5 months time it suddenly turned into a big spider crack extending from left to right.

Better look for an immediate replacement or surplus because windshield spot repairs is not a guarantee to stop the crack from spreading(besides i think it is quite costly too!).

How do I fix a windshield ding (really small crack/chip)?