New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Im not sure if this is the right place to post this but.....

I've been having problems with the windshield of my van during the last few weeks rainy weeks. Its leaking in a couple of places... I've put a sealant all around the windshield in between the glass and the rubber gasket. It worked for a few days then leaked again. A few days ago I discovered that if you push the glass from the outside in a few places... it will give by half a millimeter or so....

My conclusion is that the rubber gasket which holds the windshield has become brittle over age and may need to be replaced completely.

Do you think this is right? If it is right... do you guys have any idea of the level of difficulty of replacing it and if ever how much would it cost?

TIA... for your responses...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    sir ano po ang van nyo? may mga van na ppwedeng tangalin ang rubber seal sa upper part ng windshield then pwede nyo nang lagyan ng silicon gasket..... if not dalhin nyo po sa agila or mga nag install ng mga windshield tatangalin po nila ulit ang windshield nyo then lalagyan ng silicon gasket.... or ask nyo po sila baka may paraan sila na hindi na kailangan tangalin ang buong windshield...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    sir glenn... its a toyota townace. Japanese version.... the rubber gaskets seem brittle na kaya I was looking at the option of changing them all... I guess I could go to Jemson's area and look at my options...