New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. pano po matatanggal yung maliliit na gasgas sa windshield?
    2. pede po ba to na DIY? or do i have to bring the car sa auto detailing shop?
    3. san kaya meron malapit dito sa antipolo/cainta are na detailing shop na pede and how much kaya?

salamat po!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1) depends on how deep, in most cases, they can't be removed without distorting the glass.
    2) again, it depends, if it's a scratch, a detailing shop can't resolve it. But if it's only a very very light scratch (like wiper blades + dust), it can be polished out by a detailer.
    3) I can do it for you if you like... but again, parameters above has to be checked kung kaya.

If it really bothers you, just replace the glass... di naman gaano kamahal ang replacement... mine is due for replacement soon.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the Product Review section of PAD (Pinas Auto Detailing; link in any of theveed's posts), there is a review of STRIP-IT.

I also HEARD (no verifications, no experiences) that one can use AUTOSOL CHROME POLISH (found in True Value for about P85) to polish glass.

I would love to hear any feedback to anyone who has tried the Autosol route.

--Alf

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pano yung salamin ko malalim mga gasgas... windshield and rear... mahal yun ryt?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naku tamang tama tong thread na to...

ung windshield ko puro gas gas na rin...due to the wiper i suppose....

sir theveed can you do something about it?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alfa: actually, any oil-free light compound would work great for glass, and Autosol is a great polish... Best metal polish for the price, you can use it on glass as well, but not as effective on films like Strip-It.

gasgas sa windshield