New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hi Guys,

I think this is the best section I can post this in, lol...La nako makitang ibang place dito sa Tsikot.

Just got Chucky (Beige City 1.3S) 3 days ago and would like to ask san pinapagawa yung mga "Family Stickers" sa rear glass?

Parang maliit na white full-body stick drawing lang sha na may names ni Daddy, Mommy etc sa ibaba...

TIA for your help!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    punta ka sa mga mall maraming doon gumagawa ng personalized stickers

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ah dun lang ba ginagawa yun? San kaya nila kukunin ang format nun?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aboji View Post
    Hi Guys,

I think this is the best section I can post this in, lol...La nako makitang ibang place dito sa Tsikot.

Just got Chucky (Beige City 1.3S) 3 days ago and would like to ask san pinapagawa yung mga "Family Stickers" sa rear glass?

Parang maliit na white full-body stick drawing lang sha na may names ni Daddy, Mommy etc sa ibaba...

TIA for your help!

I am personally against these types of stickers.

As much as those stickers are cute, they do reduce your personal security somewhat by giving away some detail of you and your family, including your children's names/nicknames and their respective relations to each other.

These details may be used against you and your family by extortion or blackmail or even threatened kidnapping.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    +1 kay ghosthunter.

a warning was also sent thru emails like this...
    The latest trend in automotive accessories is the “sticker family” window decal set. For many suburban families thinking twice about placing character stickers of family members never happens, because most families are following others in the neighborhood. What most families forget are the security risks associated with advertising specifics about their family to the wrong people.

Below are a few reasons why you should think twice about placing a “stick figure sticker family” decal on the back window of your vehicle:

1) Knowing if there is an Animal at Home: The dog sticker indicates that there is a canine (or multiple in some cases) in the home. A burglar may only seek homes with cats or no pets to make a break-in easier. There is less of a chance of a loud animal waking up the homeowner or causing the neighbors to call the police if there is no animal present.

2) Listing Family Names or Nicknames: Never volunteer personal information if you do not have to. A criminal can take your children’s nicknames and use them for deceitful purposes when you least expect it. Combined with one of their hobbies or interests, they may pose as a family friend and lure your child into harm’s way. Think twice about advertising personal information.

3) Showing Size and Stature: An intruder my only be targeting families with small children as teenagers may pose a physical threat during a break-in. Additionally, indicating that there is just a toddler or baby in the house may welcome an intruder in as they know the family is small and threats have been reduced.

Just because other families in the neighborhood are placing these types of stickers on their back windows doesn’t mean that your family has to follow. From a security perspective you are putting your family at a far greater risk than not putting the stickers on and following the trend. Think twice about putting these types of decals on your vehicle if you can avoid it.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    * Zero & Ghosthunter:

I've never considered what you have mentioned at all! Thank you for the gentle reminder that this isn't a good idea to begin with. The points you have raised below could be far from ever happening but it won't hurt to avoid it in the first place.

I actually don't want any stickers on my new City, its better without anything on it to make it look more elegant, my wife is the one insisting on getting these cute family stickers.

Consider this as a done argument though, I won't put those on my rear window.

Cheers!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Good suggestion.

I think na pwede din sya gawin as a way to mislead bad elements, say posting signs indicating that you might own a dog/s or other stuff...say an NRA sticker (if you're in the US)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_daddy View Post
    Good suggestion.

I think na pwede din sya gawin as a way to mislead bad elements, say posting signs indicating that you might own a dog/s or other stuff...say an NRA sticker (if you're in the US)

Mislead or just asking for trouble to come looking for you?

It would be simpler just NOT to have the sticker. Bad guys would just skip you and go on to the next car with the sticker on their back window.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    i somehow agree. but others post something for fun, i saw an ad in sulit, i think it was ipress design, and i am thinking of ordering online cute din kase but now im having second thoughts, parang natakot na tuloy ako.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    pwede din lagyan ng "baby on board" with a drawing ng "baby armalite" hehehe.. saw some stickers like that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Family Sticker?