New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2016
    hi all! so my new windshield tint got damaged when i pulled the suction cup of my dashcam. the size is that of a 10 peso coin. it is behind the rear view mirror so nobody can see it, except when you are outside. my tint is the lightest 3M.
    question is, is there any diy process i can do to fix this? if not, should i leave it be or will it get bigger overtime? replacing the tint is my last option. Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jujjay View Post
    hi all! so my new windshield tint got damaged when i pulled the suction cup of my dashcam. the size is that of a 10 peso coin. it is behind the rear view mirror so nobody can see it, except when you are outside. my tint is the lightest 3M.
    question is, is there any diy process i can do to fix this? if not, should i leave it be or will it get bigger overtime? replacing the tint is my last option. Thank you!
    ano damage? stained? o nagkaroon ng air gap?
    kung stained, try mo tanggalin lang ng wd40. kung may airgap, lalaki yan, but try to fix it first by plaining it down with a plastic putty knife or a credit card.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Now, this got me worried....

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

30.5K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jujjay View Post
    new tints, meaning you just had it installed?
    if so, may tendency talaga na sumama sa suction cup yan,
    hayaan mo muna dapat matuyo ng husto yung tints.

i also have 3m tints, 4 years already, may dashcam din ako,
    and also before, phone mounts. ilang beses ko na nilipat lipat sa windshield,
    ok pa naman.

unless pag nagtatanggal ka ng suction, inuunlock mo nga yung locking mechanism,
    then todo sa paghila ng suction, may suction padin kasi yun kahit naka disengage na.
    thus, sasama.

what i do is, unlock the suction mechanism, then pry mo sa isang side nung cup
    hanggang magkahangin na yung ilalim, then kusa na syang bibitaw.

regarding sa problem mo na ngayon, try mo flatten ulit yung film with a card,
    carefully, baka magkafold naman yung film pag binasta basta hagod lang.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I don't think that will stick again without pulling one side of the tint to stick again. Your option left is cut out the damage portion so as not to enlarge the damage then you can have that specific place to stick on your dashcam.

6. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    new tints, meaning you just had it installed?
    if so, may tendency talaga na sumama sa suction cup yan,
    hayaan mo muna dapat matuyo ng husto yung tints.

i also have 3m tints, 4 years already, may dashcam din ako,
    and also before, phone mounts. ilang beses ko na nilipat lipat sa windshield,
    ok pa naman.

unless pag nagtatanggal ka ng suction, inuunlock mo nga yung locking mechanism,
    then todo sa paghila ng suction, may suction padin kasi yun kahit naka disengage na.
    thus, sasama.

what i do is, unlock the suction mechanism, then pry mo sa isang side nung cup
    hanggang magkahangin na yung ilalim, then kusa na syang bibitaw.

regarding sa problem mo na ngayon, try mo flatten ulit yung film with a card,
    carefully, baka magkafold naman yung film pag binasta basta hagod lang.

sorry not so new pala. 5 month old tints. yup, know the process of removing pero for some reason hinila ko the whole mount. kainis. air gap talaga sya so will do the credit card procedure. if not, any shops that you can recommend to install new tints Banawe? thank you!

7. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Now, this got me worried....

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

30.5K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

i dont think you should worry sir, it was dumb move on my part. hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    hingi po kayo ng retasong similar shade tint film na patapon na ng tintero. cut it to the proper size, and fill up the opening your suction pulled out. ask the tintero to do it, if you are un-able.
    the repair will probably not hold a suction cup anymore. but it should make the hole, less visible.

or, you can ask the tintero to cut out some more, if not the entire film and start all over again.

good luck.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Suction cups will warp the tint overtime especially if the car is left under the sun. The heat will soften the tint's adhesive and the suction will do the rest of the job.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    hingi po kayo ng retasong similar shade tint film na patapon na ng tintero. cut it to the proper size, and fill up the opening your suction pulled out. ask the tintero to do it, if you are un-able.
    the repair will probably not hold a suction cup anymore. but it should make the hole, less visible.

or, you can ask the tintero to cut out some more, if not the entire film and start all over again.

good luck.
    well noted Sir. will go to Banawe this weekend to check. Just want to check if someone can recommend a good shop for tints. thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast