New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hello, i did a back reading on most of the posts here but im still a bit confused, so far based on how i understand it is that if you want less glare you would opt for darker tints but the trade off would be the visibility

my questions would be

1. is there a tint with very good anti-glare properties? i have astigmatism and having id$%ts driving on the road with their high beams always on just makes driving at night worse, it even comes to a point where my weak eye (left) gets all teary from prolonged driving with bright oncoming lights

2. if there is a tint with anti glare properties, what are good brands and how much would they cost?

3. is there a tint with anti glare properties that has a clear look? i don't want to be driving with very dark tints since i do have eye problems, and living in caloocan where people are suicidal when crossing the roads doesn't help add to the fact that there are usually no street lights around.

4. if there are no anti glare tints that have a clear look, then what would be the best tint for me, and what shade would be advisable especially when doing a lot of night driving?

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you got tinted windshield, its a given your night driving vision will be reduced.

Best for night driving is no tint.

You might want to check out polarized eyewear like polarized sunglasses with amber tinted lens, the kind used for gun shooting.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    +1 sir gh..

BTW medyo OT, you might want to look for eyeglasses if you have astigmatism para hindi na lumala (dark tinted maybe, sa quiapo marami nito), sa akin naging grado na talaga ng mata ko eh hehe.. Nakakainis rin talaga yung mga naka high beam at HID * stock HLs, sakit sa mata, wala pa naman tint sa windshield oto namin

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sa mga tint ng kotse namin, napansin kong pinaka maganda yung Llumar na pinalagay ko sa Tucson.

yung 20 shade (medium) parang masyado pang maliwanag sa loob. Pero pag sa labas ka tiningnan, tama lang. ang nasa windshield naman 35 shade (lightest) parang hindi nag lagay ng tint. excellent visibility sa gabi.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Rike Cool's new variants which are all anti-glare are also photo chromic. The higher the heat outside, the higher the heat rejection.

They appear dark from outside, clear from inside.

Post from a user:

I didn't go for VKool clear as I didn't want to be seen in my ride. For security reasons. Also, their dark tints were not as good as Rike Cool. The latter had a higher heat rejection rate than VKool and the good thing about Rike was that it was dark outside, clear from the inside which was important for me when driving at night. That was last year around November. The tint held up well and I have no issues.

Clear tints:

V-KOOL 70 – 5 years warranty. Made in U.S.A. 92-94% heat rejection. Used by NASA for their space explorations.

Rike Cool RC 63 – 5 years warranty. Made in Singapore. 89% heat rejection. Used by many commercial establishements and cars around South East Asia for a cheaper alternative with significant savings towards energy costs.

Rike Cool Clear with Nano Technology –5 years warranty. Made in Japan. 96%+ heat rejection. Used by Singaporean, Malaysian Governments for their public transportation, satellites, and several buildings where dark films are not permitted. Most high end European cars now come standard with Rike Cool Nano Tech film. This film has photochromic effect ( bio - ceramic )= Infra red rate is increased by solar heat which gives an outstanding energy saving effect.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TintRoom View Post
    Rike Cool's new variants which are all anti-glare are also photo chromic. The higher the heat outside, the higher the heat rejection.

Post from a user:

I didn't go for VKool clear as I didn't want to be seen in my ride. For security reasons. Also, their dark tints were not as good as Rike Cool. The latter had a higher heat rejection rate than VKool and the good thing about Rike was that it was dark outside, clear from the inside which was important for me when driving at night. That was last year around November. The tint held up well and I have no issues.

Clear tints:

V-KOOL 70 – 5 years warranty. Made in U.S.A. 92-94% heat rejection. Used by NASA for their space explorations.

Rike Cool RC 63 – 5 years warranty. Made in Singapore. 89% heat rejection. Used by many commercial establishements and cars around South East Asia for a cheaper alternative with significant savings towards energy costs.

Rike Cool Clear with Nano Technology –5 years warranty. Made in Japan. 96%+ heat rejection. Used by Singaporean, Malaysian Governments for their public transportation, satellites, and several buildings where dark films are not permitted. Most high end European cars now come standard with Rike Cool Nano Tech film. This film has photochromic effect ( bio - ceramic )= Infra red rate is increased by solar heat which gives an outstanding energy saving effect.

Sir TintRoom, how much would it cost me to have my ride (sedan) tinted with Rike Cool?

Im also looking for that kind of tint out there, hinde kita ang nsa loob but very clear from the inside especially at night.

Sir, pakipost na lang po magkano ang price range ng Rike Cool for a sedan only and where shops should I go, meron po ba nyan sa banawe?

Thank you

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Mhmm .. TintRoom, are you from LACars ?

Sorry, just curious.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From the looks of the user account and weblink ...

[SIZE="3"]TintRoom = LA CAR Accs[/SIZE]

----------------------------------------------------

WARNING:
    For those who are new and unfamiliar with the issues around L.A Car Accs:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26897

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45720

Last edited by ghosthunter; May 8th, 2010 at 03:31 PM.

Post from a user:

Clear tints:

kindly PM the price for a single cab pickup truck.

thanks.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yeah i hear a lot of horror stories from other car forums done by LA cars, that's why a lot of people avoid LA cars.

regarding the tints, based on feed back by other car owners rike cool seems to be the best when it comes to dark tints. vkool is only good on clear tints, my advice, wag mo pa tint windshield mo just like i did. 3m lang akin kasi free when i got my car, super dark lahat all around, none on the wind shield. no problems on visibility at night, my only problem is yung mga nakaka salubong ko na naka fake HID na naka high beam pa. para kang binato ng flashbang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Best tint with Anti-glare properties and great vision for night driving