New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    hello mga bossing,

I tried running a search sa forum but I couldn't find a thread that gives more details on XC90 so i'm starting a new one. if you found a similar thread, please post the link so I can read it.

but anyways, here's my question. I saw a Volvo XC90 2006 & 2007 model for sale. I have read good things on the XC90 & I've also read some post dito sa tsikot that it's a nightmare owning a Volvo kasi mahal ang parts & maintenance etc.

I need feedback from those who owned XC90's if it's really as good as other people say or is it as bad as some people are saying.

thank you po!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Volvo parts and service are very expensive. And resale value is extremely poor (see above). It's a money pit. Their sales are extremely low even though they have good cars. A ten year old Volvo is going to need a lot of servicing and spare parts. I suggest you look elsewhere. I've driven the gas versions of the xc90 and they are nothing great. I even drove the t6 version with the 4 speed automatic.

Do yourself a favor and get a brand new explorer instead. Faster cheaper more tech more capability more space more peace of mind. And brand new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Am considering an XC90 T5 myself. Would like to hear what owners are saying. The greatest selling point to me is really the safety for my family. I drove one and it rode like a euro..... It actually reminded me of driving an expedition with its soft ride but smaller. Had a Benz and now own a bmw so am curious if parts are more expensive than a Benz and bmw and who sells parts aside from the casa. Would really like to hear the pros and the cons of an xc90. For me the size and the safety and the finish is great. If it's really a headache and a money pit, please share your experience with it as it doesn't make sense to buy a safe car if it's not reliable... I can get held up or run over by the road if it breaks down.... .. I would really love to hear your actual ownership experience. Cheers!

XC90 Inquiry/Feedback