New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    niky,
    by golly you're right. ang mura mura pala ng volvo compared sa BMW or Benz!

heck i just checked Buy and Sell. you can get a 2004 S40 for 950k! parang Mazda3 2.0 lang yun ah...
    and a 1998 S40 is like 435k only.. about the same price as a 1994 BMW 316!

when judged in those terms, ok na ok na pala ang volvo.
    for someone who wants a Euro car but is far too scared of Opel and doesn't want to pay a premium for BMW or (worse) Mercedes.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    volvos are just not mainstream yet.

they're traditionally known for making cars that are super-safe and a little quirky...the stereotype in the 90's was college professors and mom wagons not really well-known for making luxury/premium cars although they're obviously trying to change that.
    New Volvos... for cool professors & moms?
    Last edited by AG4; February 20th, 2006 at 06:01 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i like all Volvo cars....especially that boxy S70 even the older 850 model...S40 seems nice too gen1 or the latest model.
    i have a friend who has an S60...it rocks!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The post-square designed Volvos are worthier than ever, and when Ford acquired them, the cars had an even sportier handling. Reliability also rose with much better looks.

Click on my signature. I'm selling a very worthy car in case you're interested.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Saya po ng S60 T5 comes with a subwoofer pa. Oh man that was a rush!

For me it's just brand management with Volvo's current quality. But the pre-1999 Volvos, di po at par with the Germans. I wasn't impressed at all with a 1996 850 sedan i drove (in 1997). Parang at par lang sa VR namin, interior wise. Talong talo suspension sa mga Germans.

But the new Volvos and the Germans are pretty much at par na, brand management not included.

The only problem I heard about Volvos are expensive maintenance & parts.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sir orly, mas masama po ferrari, they are owned by fiat.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    For the VOLVO owners and those who have experience with it:

Where do you have it serviced outside Viking?? Where do you buy parts?? What are common problems to look out for?? Transmission? Electrical?? Aircon??

I do not have much knowledge with it. If I have researched well enough with Volvo ownership in the Phils yet.

Thanks!!

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Passenger safety and build quality comes to my mind when I hear Volvo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter
    Interested in the 850 Estate or V70 (pre-2001) since used ones are quite cheap. Are there available parts outside of dealers? What are the common problems to look out for when buying these models?
    We have an 850 2.5 GLE Estate. May nagpost sa isang Volvo thread or somewhere sa Euro forums selling 850 parts (third-party). Ours is usually serviced at the gas station.

Parts are quite expensive. Though yung iba branded (e.g. Bosch, Hella, etc.) kaya pwede ka kumuha straight from them.

To give you an idea of the price of parts. OEM struts for the rear liftgate cost Php6k++ for a pair. Wala pa yung labor.

So far that is the most expensive thing we have replaced.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Volvo cars can be serviced at HABREC, 138 N.Domingo St., Gruppo Talyer, look for Wendel, someone was asking about it, ask my friend of MAKNA Mkt., the importer of Bilstien and H&R springs, that's the name he gave me.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Are Volvo cars any good?