New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I've heard many times that it's pretty hard to upkeep Volvo's in The Philippines due to lack of parts and well... real Volvo Techs.

Here in the U.S. the most reliable cars around are Volvos, (1998 and below) especially the 240's and 850's. You'll find 240's here with over 500K miles and 850's with over 200 to 400k miles.

I had an 850R before..the ultimate sleeper..killed BMW E30's and E36 M3's like nothing. And that thing had 280k miles.

So it's really up to you..with any car in general. How much you're going to put time and care for your car.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    if you need parts just tx me 09282547135

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    I was just thinking of purchasing a car for anti coding and for having a second car handy. I don't really want to spend more than 200k. I want the car to be practical as well, and if possible, pwede rin i-pogi.

Now, i could buy some early 90s Honda Civic Hatch with this budget and some Toyota Corollas but am worried baka bugbog na masyado. Surprisingly I found out that there are some Volvo 850 Wagons sold at this range as well.

I was just wondering if buying this Volvo would give me major major headaches or will it be reliable naman. Thanks for the inputs.

850 VOLVO WAGON IS A NICE CAR SPECIALLY T5
    ALL VOLVO'S RESALE VALUE ARE NOT THAT HIGH
    200K IS FAIR PRICE,
    CHECK ALL THE SENSORS BEFORE YOU PURCHASE IT.
    MOST PROBLEM FOR 850 THE IGNITION COILS SPECIALLY WHEN THEY OLD BUT YOU CAN GET IT FOR 6-8k
    AND CHECK ALL THE WIRING HARNESS..... RATS LOVE IT

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PENTECH View Post
    850 VOLVO WAGON IS A NICE CAR SPECIALLY T5
    ALL VOLVO'S RESALE VALUE ARE NOT THAT HIGH
    200K IS FAIR PRICE,
    CHECK ALL THE SENSORS BEFORE YOU PURCHASE IT.
    MOST PROBLEM FOR 850 THE IGNITION COILS SPECIALLY WHEN THEY OLD BUT YOU CAN GET IT FOR 6-8k
    AND CHECK ALL THE WIRING HARNESS..... RATS LOVE IT
    :police: Please refrain from typing in "all caps".

Read the Forum Rules before posting.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    the large tailgate tends squeaks quite a bit at times

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Volvo wagons are a good choice. Just be watchful on the drivetrain, and in all aspects (especially if the car has been seriously crashed).

Update us in your shopping!!!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I know of a friend who had 2 Volvos before, he had an 850 sedan and an 850 T5R turbo wagon. He sold both cars and vowed never to buy a Volvo again because parts prices are prohibitively expensive, there were even times that he flew to HK just to get some parts and saved substantially even with plane fares and hotel accommodations factored in compared to buying it from the local Volvo casa.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    do not limit yourself to the casa. there are shops who specialize in volvos. i own a volvo myself and am very much happy with it compared to japanese cars that i had before

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Just bought a Volvo 850, dream come true, can't believe I finally own one.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan591 View Post
    I miss my Volvo wagon. It was a T5 Turbo version, producing 225 HP and 300NM of torque, it was pretty fast and responsive. But yes, it will give you a headache because of the maintenance and parts. I bought it for 600k in 2004. After using it for 3 years, I sold it for 300k. Not bad for a daily used car, and it was pretty rare because it was a Turbo variant.

Dude, the T5 Turbo version is the bomb! "It was pretty fast and responsive" is an understatement!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Opinion on Volvo 850 Wagon