New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    someone is offering his v70 volvo 99 model to me. Anything i should know before i purchase this car? inputs would be greatly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Just make sure that parts replacement and maintenance were properly done. I know its kinda difficult and expensive to look for parts in PI. Volvo aftermarket support for these kind of cars are merely existent in PI. I drive an S70 T5 here in US and its well taken cared off due to abundance of reliable aftermarket parts. Unfortunately, in PI you have to rely to the dealer most of the time.
    I purchased a used S70 2.5 3 years ago when I visited PI because I know the car very well. The car was beaten up a little bit and I have to spend thousand of dollars to buy some parts and ship it to PI for its repair and maintenance. I have done so much with the car that it is close to being brand new.
    I bought the car because I like it very much and I have the resources to obtain aftermarket if not original parts that I can use. I recently changed both the left and right CV joints and bearings with a brand new ones. The brand new CV joints (not rebuilt) cost $116.65 each (EMPI Brand) and the front bearing cost $87.26 each (GMB Brand).
    Dont be scared about the price of parts and maintenance. If you maintain these cars they last as long as you want.
    I usually buy my parts from FCP Groton, IPD or Swedish Auto parts.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cale View Post
    Just make sure that parts replacement and maintenance were properly done. I know its kinda difficult and expensive to look for parts in PI. Volvo aftermarket support for these kind of cars are merely existent in PI. I drive an S70 T5 here in US and its well taken cared off due to abundance of reliable aftermarket parts. Unfortunately, in PI you have to rely to the dealer most of the time.
    I purchased a used S70 2.5 3 years ago when I visited PI because I know the car very well. The car was beaten up a little bit and I have to spend thousand of dollars to buy some parts and ship it to PI for its repair and maintenance. I have done so much with the car that it is close to being brand new.
    I bought the car because I like it very much and I have the resources to obtain aftermarket if not original parts that I can use. I recently changed both the left and right CV joints and bearings with a brand new ones. The brand new CV joints (not rebuilt) cost $116.65 each (EMPI Brand) and the front bearing cost $87.26 each (GMB Brand).
    Dont be scared about the price of parts and maintenance. If you maintain these cars they last as long as you want.
    I usually buy my parts from FCP Groton, IPD or Swedish Auto parts.
    thanks for the info bro

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Looks similar to the 850, but I like the 850 better because it's more boxy. Anyway when I bought my 850 I had the timing and auxiliary belts changed, and I also had the oil changed. The mechanic also changed the right CV joint although I might have the left one changed as well. The CV joint here cost around Php 8,500, I hope I wasn't ripped off. Yeah I also had the radiator changed to a new one. Spent almost 50K on everything but at least I have the peace of mind that I have a new timing belt and I won't be overheating.

Anyway, send me a PM if you want me to refer you to the mechanic who specializes in Volvos.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    The V70 is almost identical with the S70 in terms of parts considering they belong to the same year produced. The only difference is the the body styling. The former is a station wagon type and the latter is a sedan. Its up to you which one do you prefer. Both are good cars in my opinion but I will be biased to the S70.
    As to the 850, yes its true they are more boxy and the S70 has curves which again I'm biased to that. I find the S70 ***y...lol! There are few cosmetic differences between the 850 and S70, like the interior and some body features other than that peripherals are both the same.
    If you select this car. I bet you will love it!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    where can i buy v70 parts

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mckomate.ma View Post
    where can i buy v70 parts
    Hi, I am selling Volvo parts (original,OEM,replacement) please feel free to contact e at 09228269098 or 7231807, you may visit us Unit V370 3rd Level V-MAll Greenhills Shopping Center San Juan.

Thank you

8. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    They are really reliable from what I've felt with my own experience in driving them , really nice cars

any volvo v70 wagon here?  pros and cons?