New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    playing w/ the idea of getting one, saw 1 selling for sub-900k.
    i'm concerned though, about the parts, maintenance, reliability, etc of this particular model... did a search here on tsikot but nothing comes up. saw some issues about 'not adapted for tropical climate' and poor resale and unavailability of parts, just wondering if these issues have been addressed already w/ the newer models. thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala yata activity dito sa volvo forum

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Reviving this 3 year old thread. Also looking to buy this one. Price is now only 600k.
    I think it's the perfect size for a family, perfect for our roads, and ample power (210 hp).

I've owned "old" Japanese cars (12 & 16 year old cars) and manageable naman.
    I've never owned a European car, used pa.

I know mga Benz and BMW madami shops and parts so madali pa rin to maintain. What about Volvo and this particular model? I only know one shop that I can go to- Gruppo Talyer/Habrec.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Is that the old XC70 where it still looks like a crossover vehicle? Seems interesting, but maybe I should wait a bit longer until the price goes further down. There's Mang Rolly of Quezon City, I think he's cheaper than Habrec, I paid 1K before just for them to stick the computer diagnostics on.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Yes, the old XC70, yung black pa bumpers.
    cs_nogong do you drive a Volvo?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post
    Yes, the old XC70, yung black pa bumpers.
    cs_nogong do you drive a Volvo?
    Yep, an 850, I also like the XC70 though was thinking of having both haha.

03 volvo xc70?