New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I came across an Aussie article and found that VW released a Tiguan model which is a good match to the Forester XT. The Tiguan 162TSI Highline comes with the Golf GTi's 2.0L turbo gas engine and VW's 7-speed DSG/DCT tranny. The external dimensions are smaller than the Forester XT but it has a bit longer wheelbase. Both vehicles weigh about the same at 1600+ kg. The Tiguan 162TSI has a front-biased AWD system which is better suited for urban roads. Despite lagging in power output compared to the Forester XT (220hp vs 240hp), it is quicker off the line due to VW's quick-shifting DSG/DCT tranny and a wider torque range (350Nm between 1500 to 4400 rpm compared to the Forester XT's 350Nm between 2400 to 3600 rpm). The Forester XT is a bit cheaper though and has proven to be quite capable offroad.

Volkswagen Tiguan 162TSI Highline R-Line v Subaru Forester XT Premium comparison

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I wonder when VW Ph will bring this all new Tiguan in. Will they be also bringing in this turbo gas alongside the tdi?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I wonder when VW Ph will bring this all new Tiguan in. Will they be also bringing in this turbo gas alongside the tdi?
    I think they should. The Passat and Golf GTi both use the same engine and tranny combo. It makes service and parts a lot easier for such models. The current Tiguan platform sold locally is a bit small and the new platform will be more like in the same dimensions as other CUVs. However, the local price might be within the same league as the Golf GTi and Passat 2.0T (2.3M).

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Apparently, VW-PH will be bringing over the 1.4L turbo model instead (Comfortline) and not the one with the Golf GTi's engine.

http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...mias-2017.html

5. Join Date
    May 2016
    All-new Volkswagen Tiguan launched at the MIAS 2017. The SUV is available in only Comfortline variant with 6-speed DSG transmission. The much awaited all-new Volkswagen Tiguan has been launched at the ongoing MIAS 2017. The updated Volkswagen Tiguan is the second generation model which has received a major makeover since its launch in the Philippines in 2013. The updated Tiguan was first showcased at the Frankfurt auto show last year and now finally its has made to the Philippines' shore.

Source: All-new Volkswagen Tiguan launched at MIAS 217 | CarBay

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    2.259M. Wow. 😯

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    2.259M. Wow. 😯
    A bit steep for a CUV with a small turbo engine. The Forester XT is a bargain compared to this lower-spec Tiguan. If shopping for a VW, the Passat 2.0T is a better buy for around the same price - more luxury, more space, more power, and more fun to drive. It would have a good price if VW-PH brought the Tiguan 162Highline instead.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Crazy pricing. Good luck to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Wait for a year and VW-PH will offer a 400k-500k discount on it. Hehehehe

10. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Wait for a year and VW-PH will offer a 400k-500k discount on it. Hehehehe
    The new Tiguan is in my shortlist of vehicles to consider pero for the price masyado nga mataas hehe...

If what you're saying is true, sakto siya sa timeframe ko as I'm planning to get a new car sometime June next year, pa, if the price can drop to around 1.7m-1.8m after the discounts I might just consider it. hehe

Other vehicles in my shortlist are the CX-5 2.5 and new diesel CRV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast