New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by moneyp View Post
    I am sure they got these old model china cars at a very discounted prices. Malaki pa rin ang kita nila when they sell one. Anyway, there is a saying -- a sucker is born every minute. Meron pa rin tanga bibili nito.
    Mga social climber na bumili nito for the status. Like my girlfriend's brother. Nagka entry level Santana lang, yumabang na. One time papunta kami sa BF para kumain. Nilagpasan lang yung mga guard house. Sabi ko dapat nag iwan tayo ng ID. Sabi niya sakin, yung Volkswagen badge na daw yung ID. Ayun, pag dating sa second guard pinabalik. Napakalayo at traffic pa. Hassle.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Chief View Post
    Mga social climber na bumili nito for the status. Like my girlfriend's brother. Nagka entrt level Santana lang, yumabang na. One time papunta kami sa BF para kumain. Nilagpasan lang yung mga guard house. Sabi ko dapat nag iwan tayo ng ID. Sabi niya sakin, yung Volkswagen badge na daw yung ID. Ayun, pag dating sa second guard pinabalik. Napakalayo at traffic pa. Hassle.
    Well, can you tell him that VW is not a luxury brand? Especially the Santana.. Baka first time magka car!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Hahaha....I belong to the minority & "other reasons".VW Santana The GTI has always been a dream. I was wishing they'd bring the pocket-friendlier Polo version in. Apparently, not.VW Santana

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I belong to that minority also now . I now own a 2017 Jetta 1.4TSI, a 2 door 1999 golf 1.9TDI, and just bought a not running 1997 VW Caravelle VR6 for just Php50k. Another one to restore overhaul ng tranny kailangan. Parts? Not a problem if you know where to get it outside of Pinas. May mga VW enthusiast who knows how to fix them.

Ahehe I saw others reply about the number of cars in the road but I have to say sorry to them owning a car is not about paramihan sa kalsada. To me it is about the driving experience. Peace!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 1p4TSI View Post
    I belong to that minority also now . I now own a 2017 Jetta 1.4TSI, a 2 door 1999 golf 1.9TDI, and just bought a not running 1997 VW Caravelle VR6 for just Php50k. Another one to restore overhaul ng tranny kailangan. Parts? Not a problem if you know where to get it outside of Pinas. May mga VW enthusiast who knows how to fix them.

Ahehe I saw others reply about the number of cars in the road but I have to say sorry to them owning a car is not about paramihan sa kalsada. To me it is about the driving experience. Peace!
    What site do you use to order the parts?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    What site do you use to order the parts?
    PM me sir or join the JCP club . I actually supply VW (and other euro cars) parts to the club and some friends shop . I’m getting the parts directly from a supplier in Germany .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 1p4TSI View Post
    PM me sir or join the JCP club . I actually supply VW (and other euro cars) parts to the club and some friends shop . I’m getting the parts directly from a supplier in Germany .

Are there also parts for the China made VW like the Santana?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Are there also parts for the China made VW like the Santana?
    Haven’t checked yet but I’m sure madami yan from China. Even sa alibaba may nakikita ako Polo parts

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Scrutinized the GTS Wagon Variant in MIAS. Not bad for a china made car. feels upscale. Though a test drive will reveal if its really well built.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Scrutinized the GTS Wagon Variant in MIAS. Not bad for a china made car. feels upscale. Though a test drive will reveal if its really well built.

Still VW sir. I actually had a look at the underchassis and it has a resemblance of the golf mk4 platform

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Does it produce the trademark European thud when you close the door?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast