New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    just got this special variant of Jetta which is not available in our local market.

850k ONLY! special price for ayala employees only

1.6 TDI DSG

such a steal for the price

Sent from my Alcatel_7049D using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Bro, this is not commercially available (which makes it "rare")? Compared to the other cars in its class, I would say that this is really a steal at 850K. I know VW is one of the top companies in diesel technology. Swerte mo Ayala employee ka . Any chance you might know someone who would like to sell his/her unit?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    How can it be a good band when anywhere around the world they're now known as cheats or falsifier. For me, that alone is enough reason not to invest coz used buyers will always bring that up to you in the guise of they just want a discount

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    To clarify, it was the 2.0 diesel engine which showed the emission anomaly upon testing, back in 2015 in the US. This was based on US emission standards, which is one of the highest in the world (compared to Philippine standards i.e. looking at the jeepneys, buses and cargo trucks which ply our streets and pass the emission tests every year during vehicle registration renewal ). Even other car companies' emission results were put into question. Anyway, as a consequence, heads rolled, VW's top German honcho, Mr. Martin Winterkorn and the head of US operations, Mr. Horn resigned. VW started rectifying the issue and have come up with both hardware and software modifications to address this. Happy to say that the 2016 models are no longer included on the watchlist. That being said, definitely this is a steal and I'll still pop P850K for it any day of the year.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    How can it be a good band when anywhere around the world they're now known as cheats or falsifier. For me, that alone is enough reason not to invest coz used buyers will always bring that up to you in the guise of they just want a discount

Toyota/Lexus tried to hide their SUA/ sticky pedal in the US. Mitsubishi had an emission test scandal this year.
    So you think the whole galaxy thinks they're cheats too?
    FYI, VW is highly regarded in the world inspite of the scandal. No. 22 company in Forbes list.
    Think before you click

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Sensitive kasi noypi pag pagtitipiran ang usapan. Since tainted na vw sa pag falsify ng fuel efficiency iba na yun. Di yan tulad nun sa toyota

Anyway, you can always enjoy your cars naman. Andyan na yan eh parang peugeot. So pag nakakakita kami ng volks sa kalsada, syempre iisipin namin tiga Ayala kayo yun lang

Comaony nyo na nag-pasok dito tapos kayo na din bumili ng products nyo. Tangkilikin sariling atin

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sensitive kasi noypi pag pagtitipiran ang usapan. Since tainted na vw sa pag falsify ng fuel efficiency iba na yun. Di yan tulad nun sa toyota

Only the emission results were altered by VW. The software was wise enough to know that the car was being tested thus altering emission figures to adapt to US diesel standards.There was no mention of fuel efficiency falsification. As if such emission figures matter in the Philippines.

It was Mitsubishi and Hyundai/Kia who were fined for broadcasting erroneous fuel efficiency/consumption figures.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Anyway, you can always enjoy your cars naman. Andyan na yan eh parang peugeot. So pag nakakakita kami ng volks sa kalsada, syempre iisipin namin tiga Ayala kayo yun lang

Comaony nyo na nag-pasok dito tapos kayo na din bumili ng products nyo. Tangkilikin sariling atin

It's a corporate discount and a form of employee benefit. It's not only limited to VW cars but big discounts are also offered to Honda and Isuzu vehicles. Maybe soon, discounts will be offered to employees who want to buy KTM motorcycles.

Local buyers of VW are also offered good discounts on their model lineup. You just need to go to a VW dealership and ask.
    Last edited by Egan101; August 17th, 2016 at 04:49 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    "Comaony nyo na nag-pasok dito tapos kayo na din bumili ng products nyo. Tangkilikin sariling atin"

Excuse me, Bro. I am not from Ayala or am I an employee of any of their affiliates. I'm just a plain and simple Tsikoteer who, like you, is just sharing what I know because I believe that fora like this should serve the public by informing them of what the real score is so that at the end of the day, We, the consumers would make the better, if not, the best choice based on facts.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    im not an ayala employee

got it from my cousin who was offered a unit, she didn't need it and asked me if i wanted it on her behalf.

for the price, of course i said yes, even if i dont have plans on purchasing any car that time.

OB, gamot mo sabi huwag mong kakalimutan

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast