New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yung Tuareg, medyo so-so sa reviews eh. From a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest), hindi pa sya nag-reach sa 7.

The other VW that I like is the Passat. Kaya lang, I've known a couple of people na nasug yung Passat nila.

Isa sa mga projects ko for the future (if I have the time and the money), is to buy a Karmann Ghia and trick it out. Tipong East L.A. low rider ang dating.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    share lang po ako.

sa akin naman po vw scirocco gt '80 1.6 engine carb type front wheel drive & water cooled.

under whole body repair po ngayon. original color white pero gusto pa change color gaya ng avatar ko at iyan vw scirocco kaso fuel injection iyan.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Anybody know more about the history of the VW Beetle here in the Philippines?

Apparently, VW Beetles have had different versions, because I saw this thread in a VW forum (can't remember the URL) about this Australian guy who was amazed that the US had a different 1967 Beetle than they had in Australia.

I've been trying to google about this particular Beetle version, that apparently was only sold in the Philippines (and perhaps a few other countries, including it's country of origin) under the DMG-Pilipinas network. I remember it was called the "1300 S" and it looked exactly like my Dad's "1968 1500 Sedan", except for a few details unnoticable to the non-enthusiast's eye. (Like you guys, I was already an enthusiast at an early age).

The 1300S no longer had the "heat exchanger" like the later model Beetles that came from Brazil.

As far as I can recollect, the different VW Beetles I've seen sold here in the Phils were:

1. (Pre-68). Same front end as the 68 non-Super Beetles, but with the smaller "round" bumpers, smaller tailights, rounded lens headlamps, with the largest engine offering of a 1300. Color Availability: Deep Red/Sky Blue.

2. (1968-72). The first appearance of the 1500 sedan, had locking front seats, squarish bumpers, rounded lens headlamps, larger tailights (all-red, no backup light), hubcaps. New Feature: External Gas-Filler Door (no need to open the hood for refueling) Color Availability: Deep Red/Sky Blue.

3. (1972-?) Brazillian(?) 1500 Sedan. Same as German 1500 sedan except for flat lens headlamps, additional louvres on the engine cover, tri-color tailamps, backup light. New Feature: Hazard Warning Flasher Circuit. Color Availability: White/Beige/Yellow.

4. (1974-?). Super Beetle. 1600cc, different front-end and rear-end, McPherson strut front suspension, large round tailights, additional cooling louvres on the engine cover. Color Availability: White/Beige/Yellow.

5. (1976-?) Updated 1300 sedan. Same front end as 68 and 72 1500, but had flat-lens headlamps, large round tailights, and extra louvres on engine cover (like 72 1500 sedan), NO external gas-filler door. New feature: Low-intensity "parking light mode" headlamps. Color Availability: White only.

6. (1978-?) 1300-S. Same mechanicals as the 76 1300 (w/c was also still in production at this time), but body was similar to '68 1500 sedan--i.e., no extra louvres on engine cover and regular-sized tailamps (tri-colored, like the '72 1500 sedan), but flat-lens headlamps. Color Availability: White only.

Somehow, the 1300-S must have been in limited production because they seem to be rare, not like the '76 1300 with the large round tailights.

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    Yung Tuareg, medyo so-so sa reviews eh. From a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest), hindi pa sya nag-reach sa 7.
    Though it seems more people like the Touareg more than the Cayenne.

Especially the V10 TDI variant! 310hp and more importantly... 750Nm of torque!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Though it seems more people like the Touareg more than the Cayenne.
    True, true. The Cayenne rated lower. What on earth was Porsche thinking when they made that machine? Anyways, as the saying goes "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

Now back to the VW. One of the VW models na trip ko is the VW Type 3. There were three Type 3 models: the notchback, the fastback and the squareback. Mas guto ko yung fast back. Ang isa sa pinaka..."interesting" nilang model was the 181. Parang FM Sakbayan ang dating. Yung Corrado, okeh din. Parag Sciroco yun eh: based dun sa gen 2 VW Golf. Kaso, wala pa ako nakikita na VW Corrado sa atin sa 'Pinas.

'Lam mo ba ang isa pang masarap gawin sa Beetle? Gawin na dune buggy. Tapos, pinturahan ng 60's psychedelic colors. Wohooo!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    The MANX buggy.

I've actually seen one in my town.

What's so cool about it is that the rear trailing arm pivots higher than the buggy's Cg, causing the rear end to rise instead of squat during hard acceleration.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Beepskie, or anyone, could I source out EMPI style mags locally?
    http://www.bugzone.net/bzrims/rims1.html

If I replace the fronts with disc brakes from the Super Beetle, would the PCD change?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Beepskie, or anyone, could I source out EMPI style mags locally?
    http://www.bugzone.net/bzrims/rims1.html

If I replace the fronts with disc brakes from the Super Beetle, would the PCD change?
    What EMPI-style mags do you prefer - 8-spoke, riviera, or the original 2-piece Empi? meron yn available locally pero mostly are resells from VW fanatics. I got my 8-spoke wrapped on 135 x 15 Camac tires from a friend sa Volkswagen Club. Nagpalit kasi siya ng 2-liter mags

http://members.cardomain.com/deggy

AFAIK, changing your brakes from drum to disc wont change the pcd

Tagal ko nang project ang disc brakes sa 1968 Beetle ko pero laging napupurnada. Daming gastos kasi pag may 2 kids na

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    8 spoke pero non-polished, parang yung nasa pic mo... or dun sa link na binigay ko...

San ba maka-kuha nyan dito and what's the price range bro?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi deggy! its been a while since i visited this. araw-araw tyo nagkikita sa kabila hehehe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Volkswagen Cars