New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Considering this unit due to price, space, and carrying capacity. Any owners who have feedback?

How's the 15k pms of vw? Hindi ba sobrang laki my cost vs jap counterparts?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by a9828 View Post
    Considering this unit due to price, space, and carrying capacity. Any owners who have feedback?

How's the 15k pms of vw? Hindi ba sobrang laki my cost vs jap counterparts?

Thanks
    The current crop of VW vehicles with the DSG tranny have yet to reach that mark since most were sold fairly recently (late 2015). Maybe owners of the previous models (2013-2014) can share some figures.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Saw this car on the last car show and noticed the battery was made in poland, while the engine was rated euro5

I asked the agent where can i fuel up with euro5 diesel when our diesel fuels comply only to euro4 standard?

The agent quipped there are some fuel stations that carry euro5 diesel fuels.

Needless to say, I was dumbfounded with this car

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ No issues so far with local diesel fuel on our Jetta 1.6L TDI DSG. We use Shell or Petron. VW-PH has told us that they have their TDI engines tuned to match our local diesel. VW uses the same TDI engines as Audi and Porsche but tuning is different among the three brands.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Saw this car on the last car show and noticed the battery was made in poland, while the engine was rated euro5

I asked the agent where can i fuel up with euro5 diesel when our diesel fuels comply only to euro4 standard?

The agent quipped there are some fuel stations that carry euro5 diesel fuels.

Needless to say, I was dumbfounded with this car

No problem with that. Matagal na may Euro 5 na mga Starex sa Grey Market. Mine is Euro 5 rated engine na Starex wala ako naging problema. Naka tikim pa nga ng Euro 2 na diesel to dati. Before the Standard Euro 4 was mandated

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^i doubt that, problems becomes apparent later on

Btw, this car have no spare tire

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nagbebenta pa rin pala VW ng TDI equipped cars. Akala ko pull-out muna yan sa market. Di pa rin nila settled yung emissions cheating issue nila sa US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Nagbebenta pa rin pala VW ng TDI equipped cars. Akala ko pull-out muna yan sa market. Di pa rin nila settled yung emissions cheating issue nila sa US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Euro car manufacturers, turbo Diesel engines is a must as the market for them is quite competitive. VW makes TDI engines for all its brands (VW, Audi, Porsche, Seat, Skoda, etc). With regards to the US TDI fiasco, only one engine was the center of it, the 2.0L TDI which is shared across multiple VW and Audi models. Di issue as 'Pinas kung may cheat software man yung VW 2.0L TDI kasi di naman strict emissions regulations natin. Kung kasing strict man emissions regulations natin sa US, sigurado sapul yung halos lahat ng diesel vehicles dito.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I wonder how long is the warranty for this car?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    ^i doubt that, problems becomes apparent later on

Btw, this car have no spare tire

Well mine is turning 6 no problems at all. You'll know what brand of diesel is the dirtiest of them all when the DPF regenerates.
    Almost sa mga kasabay ko kumuha ng Euro 5 okay pa.mga unit namin. Walang problema since Euro 2 to Euro 4 transition. They won't sell it here if hindi talaga pwede.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast