New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    "New Beetle stays with its retro styling but has a flatter roof and a more upright windshield"

-WCF

The prototype's front bumper, rear bumper (modified) and taillights appear to be from the current Beetle.

The more upright windshield and flatter roof actually gives it a more Beetle-like profile.

Here are the latest spy shots of the next-generation Volkswagen Beetle doing some alpine testing in Europe.

The design feature that jumps out the most on this next version of the retro-styled Beetle is the flattened roof which also seems to have squeezed the window lines too. The windscreen and A-pillar appear more upright than on the current model and previous reports have it that the next-generation Beetle will offer more interior space. The way the back end slopes down and the rear wheel arches bulge out is also more reminiscent of the classic Beetle than the revived one of the last decade.
    Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/11010072...#ixzz11kqpISpX
    Last edited by AG4; October 8th, 2010 at 06:13 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Looks weird. I like the old beetle much more. I don't know if that would be a hit if ever VW would be then again reaching our shores.

Ang baba kasi tignan, then yung front yata naging mas mahaba. Or that's just an illusion that was caused by the flattened roof ?

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    looks a bit more promising to me, imo. i hope di ako mauuntog pag uupo ako sa liko unlike the "new beetle"

ah... brings back old memories... one of the cars that we had back in the days (aside from the box type Lancer)... 1302s!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Ang baba kasi tignan, then yung front yata naging mas mahaba. Or that's just an illusion that was caused by the flattened roof ?
    I guess its because of the more upright windshield which was moved backwards, its not cab-forward like the current Beetle.

Another thing like what I said earlier, the prototype's front bumper, rear bumper (modified) and taillights appear to be from the current Beetle.
    So the nose and tail you see here are temporary, not thae final ones.
    Last edited by AG4; October 8th, 2010 at 06:31 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006

- Autoblog

*Front bumper, rear bumper (modified) and tail lights are not final, they appear to be taken from the current outgoing Beetle.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    its starting to look like a porsche.....

well, what can I say...that is where it all started...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    looks out of proportion... long hood due to front engine layout. the designer can't seem to catch the magic of the original beetle.

think if they do a rear mounted engine, the design might actually improve. or they need another designer who really loves beetles.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I like.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    It does look like a Porsche...a 2 door Panamera? Maybe if they put in the 'real' bumpers intended for the new-New Beetle, baka gumanda

yun VW UP! concept may price na sa VW-India... http://www.cardekho.com/carmodels/Vo.../Volkswagen_Up
    Parang below 400k pesos converted lang? Sana they go back to what the Beetle was meant for: affordable mainstream car! Maybe the UP! will carry the torch nalang.

Next-generation VW Beetle