New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hmm...if this is like the New Audi A6, ie. no handbrake, then this is an auto-only vehicle right?

Good.

Then there won't be a need to add a stick-shift option if it is going for the footbrake mechanism.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven
    Hmm...if this is like the New Audi A6, ie. no handbrake, then this is an auto-only vehicle right?

Good.

Then there won't be a need to add a stick-shift option if it is going for the footbrake mechanism.
    The Passat uses an electronic "push button" parking brake. Press to activate the parking brake, to release the parking brake step on the brake pedal and press the button.

The all-new Passat is also available with a 6-speed M/T.

Parking brake button is on the extreme left of the dashboard(left side of the rotary light switch).
    For RHD models parkign brake button is on the extreme right side of the dashboard.
    Last edited by AG4; June 13th, 2006 at 10:31 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    any news on who will be the new VW distributor here? I was talking to our contact in PGA and was joking around. I told him "Kunin nyo na yung VW, kayang kaya nyo naman eh heheheh" then he laughed but he didnt answer me, hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Hindi kukunin ng PGA Cars yang VW baka mapahamak lang sila.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman
    Hindi kukunin ng PGA Cars yang VW baka mapahamak lang sila.
    Well PGA Cars did save Audi from Auto Prominence Corp's hands.
    Maybe the same could be done with VW.

Besides I guess it would make sense if one distributor(PGA Cars) handled both VW Group brands(Audi and VW) in the RP.
    Last edited by AG4; June 14th, 2006 at 09:15 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I don't think the guys at PGA Cars will handle VW dahil sa hirap nitong ibenta at mas ok kung Lambo nalang ang kunin nila.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    alam nyo ba dati ang APC ang benta sa VW Lupo ay 815K!!!!! way back 2000!

tapos ang Passat almost the same price as the Audi A4!!!

no wonder almost non-existent sila dito sa RP market.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mayroon nga silang Caravelle na 2.5 TDI na binebenta ngayon na in stock(nasa APC Showroom pero nakatago at kulay itim yung unit) worth 3.2M(WOAH!!!!!).Puwede raw ditong ibenta yung bagong Chinese-spec na Passat but baka maging 1.8M raw ulit

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    alam nyo ba dati ang APC ang benta sa VW Lupo ay 815K!!!!! way back 2000!
    True... The VW Lupo which is VW's baby Picanto-size citycar was priced at an unbeleiveable P815K! by APC, the same price as the 2000 Opel Astra which many thought was very expensive for its segment.

I don't think the guys at PGA Cars will handle VW dahil sa hirap nitong ibenta at mas ok kung Lambo nalang ang kunin nila.
    Lambo? The only people who could afford a Lambo here probably own one already...
    APC just sold the wrong VW models here and at extremely high prices!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Puwede raw ditong ibenta yung bagong Chinese-spec na Passat but baka maging 1.8M raw ulit
    The Chinese-spec Passat now is based on the platform mate of the previous Passat (B5), the Škoda Superb, technically its still the same old car underneath the skin.
    But I guess that wouldn't sell well either because with the internet, people who plan to buy one would probably find out that there is a "real" all-new Passat.

Here's a larger photo of the Chinese-spec VW Passat(Passat Lingyu) posted earlier.

Škoda Superb

Škoda Auto is Czech automobile manufacturer that became part of the VW Group in 1991.
    The B5 platform used by the previous gen VW Passat/ Shanghai VW Passat/ 2005 Shanghai VW Lingyu/ Škoda Superb was first used in the 1995 Audi A4.
    Last edited by AG4; June 14th, 2006 at 10:21 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2006 Volkswagen Passat