New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Peace!

hi, fist time to post at tsikot. I'm located in Cebu City by the way. I dunno if anyone can help me on this... Is there a shop that can do modifications to a Revo? The modifications would be as follows:

(original unit GLX 1.8 Automatic)

1) change in automatic transmission from the normal 4 speed to CVT type like the one found in a Toyota Prius or a 6 speed automatic transmission

2) (this one I'm not sure of; is the engine of a 2001 GLX 1.8 automatic VVT already?) adding/changing to variable valve timing or variable valve and lift timing

I'm interested cause I wanted to improve the fuel consumption and carbon footprint of the vehicle... I really like my REVO for sure. I guess this would cost a lot (an arm and a leg I would surmise) but I really just want to know.

GOD BLESS!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ajpyoung View Post
    Peace!

hi, fist time to post at tsikot. I'm located in Cebu City by the way. I dunno if anyone can help me on this... Is there a shop that can do modifications to a Revo? The modifications would be as follows:

(original unit GLX 1.8 Automatic)

1) change in automatic transmission from the normal 4 speed to CVT type like the one found in a Toyota Prius or a 6 speed automatic transmission

2) (this one I'm not sure of; is the engine of a 2001 GLX 1.8 automatic VVT already?) adding/changing to variable valve timing or variable valve and lift timing

I'm interested cause I wanted to improve the fuel consumption and carbon footprint of the vehicle... I really like my REVO for sure. I guess this would cost a lot (an arm and a leg I would surmise) but I really just want to know.

GOD BLESS!
    1. There are no CVTs (so far as I know) in Toyota's parts bin that will fit a rear-wheel drive engine.

2. It's much simpler to just swap up to an Innova 2.0 VVTi engine. It'll give you more power and it might just be more fuel efficient. Arm and a leg? Maybe... I don't know how much Innova engines cost secondhand, but the whole assembly might cost 250k+++ brand new. If you search, you might be able to find Innova engines for sale at surplus dealers... I'm guessing 100k+ for the engine.

I don't know what else you'll need. The rear differential on the Revo might be geared differently, and you might have to machine the prop-shaft (driveshaft) so that the engine and differential will mate.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Peace!

Wow thanks.... will keep an eye for that one.

GOD BLESS!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    drew, maybe an engine swap into the diesel variant would be more "pocketbook friendly"

or if you are really thinking about spending an arm and a leg on your revo maybe you could try to fit a 4AGZE engine on your existing tranny and engine bay. Even if this engine is only 1600cc it still gives more torque than the original 1800cc engine because of the supercharger and because of this, you don't have to depress the pedal that hard to get up to speed, also it won't "drink" that much gas compared to the orig 1.8 engine which is grossly underpowered for the revo

if you do go for the 4AGZE please please please let me take a ride

mahina at maliit ang 4agze sa revo, for maximum power, put in a 3S-GTE or kung mapagkakasya mo,

2JZ-GTE.

Displacement, cc - 2997
    Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm - 280 ps (205.94 kw) / 5600 rpm
    Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm - 46.0 kg*m (451.11 N*m) / 3600 rpm

Engine type - Serial 6 cylinder DOHC24 valve IC twin turbo
    Engine information - VVT-i two-way twin turbo

pero honestly, revo is not designed to have much power. if you want power, sell your revo, buy ka ng subaru legacy gt-t(meron nagbebenta sa ads dito/sa ebay.ph) blue yon at turbo charged 4wd wagon pa!

or buy a converted rvr super/hyper-sportsgear/1998 rvr x3 or chariot(spacewagon) resort runner GT or a gen.1 honda odyssey(2.0 and 2.2L or the 3.0v6)

kung may badget, eto nalang <--click
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; February 23rd, 2007 at 09:25 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hello everyone,
    i'm planning to buy an innova j m/t gas around the end of may. im from cebu city and i don't have an idea where to get the best deals around. could someone please help?

A shop that can modify a REVO