New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I'm planning to move to Cebu this month. Possibly work in the Call Center/BPO industry in Lahug. Ok ba sweldo dun? I mean, is it at par with Manila wages in the same industry?

Ok ba COL dun? I'm looking for a room to rent lang. Magkano kaya? Any ideas? Yung malapit sana sa Lahug.

Any inputs? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I heard something about the ladies in Cebu... but that's another topic altogether.

Why the move to Cebu?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    I'm planning to move to Cebu this month. Possibly work in the Call Center/BPO industry in Lahug. Ok ba sweldo dun? I mean, is it at par with Manila wages in the same industry?

Ok ba COL dun? I'm looking for a room to rent lang. Magkano kaya? Any ideas? Yung malapit sana sa Lahug.

Any inputs? Thanks!
    Cebu pay is about less than what you can haul in Manila. It's the cost of living is that's what attractive.

Calculate your net monthly savings when you work in Manila vs your expected net monthly savings when you work in Cebu.

Ad listings for Rent in Sulit

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/cl...y/q/lahug+rent

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    *russ

Most probably if you will be based on Lahug you will be working in Cebu IT Park (Lahug). Sa price ng mga boarding house it depends actually but my best bet is that it will start from 2500 - 3500, single room. Yung bachelors pad Im not sure sa price. You can check silverrain's post re exact rates and amenities of the boarding houses. For areas near Lahug na hindi kayo ma delayed sa work due to traffic you can try these places, Sindulan (Mabolo which is near to Lahug), Areas near Gorordo Ave, or areas near Banilad.

Hope this helps.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    *russ: Sir, can you give any update on this?

If natuloy kayo sa Cebu, how's it like actually to live there?

I'm also heads up to relocating there.

Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    *russ: Sir, can you give any update on this?

If natuloy kayo sa Cebu, how's it like actually to live there?

I'm also heads up to relocating there.

Thanks.
    Cebu is like Manila. Less traffic, jeeps have numbers and letters on them. Near the beach.

Mahal lang ang gas/diesel prices compared to manila, almost P4-5 pesos difference.

Sabi nila, cost of living is cheaper, but muhkang the same naman food cost (i.e. fastfood, taxi fare, etc.)

Learn the dialect.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    How about rent?

I don't intend to bring the car there so I'm really not that much concerned on the fuel price difference.

Any tips for starters who used to live in Manila and speak straight Tagalog?

Sabi kasi nung tropa ko na tumira dun for one year, you really have to learn the dialect, else they'll think you're a tourist and therefore will have a hard time haggling down prices of basic commodity/market goods.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    oh, you're gonna miss manila when you move to cebu.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I heard something about the ladies in Cebu... but that's another topic altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    oh, you're gonna miss manila when you move to cebu.
    ^Let's give that a try!

Honestly, kaya nga sana Cebu po muna para at least madali pumasyal pabalik pag na-homesick.

Medyo bata pa naman po kasi ako and am really itching to try out possibilities outside my Manila comfort zone, and probably move out of the parent's house for good.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    How about rent?

I don't intend to bring the car there so I'm really not that much concerned on the fuel price difference.

Any tips for starters who used to live in Manila and speak straight Tagalog?

Sabi kasi nung tropa ko na tumira dun for one year, you really have to learn the dialect, else they'll think you're a tourist and therefore will have a hard time haggling down prices of basic commodity/market goods.
    sa una siguro, kapag di mo sigurado ang presyo, pero once you get the hang of living there, masasabi mo na, "dili man ko turista, dugay na ko nagpuyo dire" ("hindi ako turista, matagal na kong nakatira dito), at sabayan mo na ngiti :-)

besides, for daily needs merong savemore, market market, or sm na pwede mong pamilihan. . .pero sa palengke, yeah, tiis ka sa una

pilipinas pa rin naman yun so you won't need much adjusting--sa language lang pero nakakaintindi naman sila ng english

rent depends on the location, mas mahal siguro pag sa lahug area. . .check the sulit link above from silverrain

tip: find "bluemermaid" in lapulapu city on the island of mactan. . .if management policy hasn't changed any bit since the last time i was there (2004), then it's worth the trip

makakakuha ka ng girl dun, isa (hindi sa bluemermaid ha)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Moving to Cebu...