New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafe
    I found this ad at Sunstar selling a yellow Honda hatchback 2005 model for only 200k. I've yet to actually meet the owner and look at the car. Any thoughts on that? Should Is this a cheap price?
    if 2005 model talaga yan, baka under financing pa at ikaw na magtutuloy ng hulog..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I just met the owner, and it wasn't actually an 05 model.

Anyways, how about a Nissan Sentra? I've noticed its quite cheaper compared to the other brands. How about a Civic 1996+, can I get this with my budget?

Could you guys recommend any car shops in Cebu worth taking a look? So far I've checked the one near Ayala (Gorordo Ave), the ones in Banilad (Auto Forum and Auto World) and the one directly in front of CIT (forgot the name).

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    250k 96 VTi, maybe.

Sentra? Get one for 150k, then spend the rest on electricals and AC. Good value.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I see.. I would like to get at least a 96+ Civic/Accord/City for this price. Any recommendations?

A Sentra would be cool too but I'd like to get the 98+ version since the older ones dont look too good.

Please suggest some second hand car shops!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not familiar with any shops. I'd suggest a Civic... the 1st gen City is overpriced, and a 96 LXi will give you nearly the same fuel efficiency, more space, and better body integrity (i.e.: less rust), but if you can live with the spartan interior, it's quite a fun car, good mechanicals, and very frugal. Don't go for a secondhand Accord. While it's a good car, parts are kind of expensive, and you'll spend a lot on gas.

And in this age range, don't get an AT. While a well-cared for AT will last quite a while, you don't know if a secondhand unit has been properly cared for, and AT problems are very, very expensive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    get a toyota starlet GT turbo :D

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks niky! I'll keep that in mind.

So far I've been meeting up with Civic owners that I find in the Sunstar newspaper. I know my 220k budget is too tight, but I'd like to at least get a 96 Civic/City for it.

Where else can I find Classified Ads for Cebu except the Sunstar newspaper?

If anyone knows someone willing to sell their Civic/City 96, please inform me.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    With your budget, make sure you still have about 15-20K left over for repairs, accessories and other stuff.

A Sentra is a very tempting buy. You can get one 2 years younger but the same price as a Civic or Corolla. But let me tell you that parts are more expensive than the others, so later on, it may sum up the same.

With 220K, a 96 Corolla GLi is a very practical car. It feels very solid, efficient with fuel and less of a headache to maintain.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bleed
    get a toyota starlet GT turbo :D

+1 Vote!

Madami dito sa cebu yan bro..

toyota starlet turbo charged 1.6 efi

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    me too corolla 96 0r 97 model orig right hand drive ha ...plenty of spare parts, and easy to maintain,economical and fits to your budget,,but if you want forma mag Civic ka h' back 2 door ,,if you buy here imported from japan may kasamang promo 1 box of 500mgs Paracetamol kasi sa2kit ulo mo sa repair.Feel ko kasi yan ang kursanada mo e..canvass ka s my reclamation dami dun mas mura imported nga lang..galing na me dun..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Buying First Car 200-220k Budget