New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    hi, had my isuzu fuego changed oil at shell station(mandaue branch).just like the usual thing they drained it then pulled out the old oil filter.since the engine is 4ja1 the oil filters that can fit are 503 or 512 the latter smaller compared to 503, but i chose the bigger 503 filter. the guy who install it was rough as if somebody is chasing him before i could finish my cup of coffee he told me that its done. i checked his work and i noticed that the top part of the filter was badly scratched by the wrench, so anyway i thought that it was really tighten to get those markings. so i went inside the office to pay the bill and before i knew it his supervisor came in and told me that the filter bursted.i was surprise to hear it and told me to change filter using the smaller 512.but i insisted to use the 503 since it is clearly indicated in the box that either of the two can fit. so finally they gave in and replace the filter. if this will burst again i will have to replace it by 512 and pay for it and guess what? it never burst! i told the supervisor if indeed the filter burst how come the filter never torn apart? so probabbly the guy forced it into the slot and the o-ring rolled over due to pressure. i could have done it myself better!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    bottomline bro, the service at shell mandaue needs to be improve. had a not so nice experience gassing up there a month ago.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ouch... extra expense and hassle...

I'd suggest you have your maintenance and checkups on a shop near the mandaue city hall area. You can contact this number for additional location information Migs - 09195999300

Great service and since the owner is a certified car fanatic you can trust him to take good car of the car.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    4ja1 can fit the 502 (shorter) and the 512 - i prefer this. afaik mas mataba yang 503 which fits for mitsu canter.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    We always have our "change oil" at Shell's Pusok, Lapulapu City branch. It is excellent and unprecedented.

Bad Experience at Shell Mandaue,Cebu: Change Oil