New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi guys,

A lot of q's here:

Is it okay to shift from D (Drive) to S (Sports Mode) then gear up to 6 then go back to drive when you are about to stop or if you just want to?

or you drive starting to Sports Mode to reach the 6th gear?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Is it okay to shift from D (Drive) to S (Sports Mode) then gear up to 6 then go back to drive when you are about to stop or if you just want to? <- Yes, its ok.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Is it okay to shift from D (Drive) to S (Sports Mode) then gear up to 6 then go back to drive when you are about to stop or if you just want to? <- Yes, its ok.

okay thanks.

follow up q's: won't it damage the tranny if you kept on doing that?

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    hi guys, newbie here just bought Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS 2012 and I want to ask if how to use Sports Mode? I always been using the drive 'D' and haven't tried using + or - Sports Mode, anyone can give me an idea when will you use the Sports Mode in any given scenario/circumstances?
    Last edited by igops; May 14th, 2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the year of the unit

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by igops View Post
    hi guys, newbie here just bought Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS 2012 and I want to ask if how to use Sports Mode? I always been using the drive 'D' and haven't tried using + or - Sports Mode, anyone can give me an idea when will you use the Sports Mode in any given scenario/circumstances?
    Downhill for engine braking.
    Uphill to be in the proper gear best suited for the incline.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Kapag uphill ba, is it best to put it in 2nd gear pero rpm is around 2.3k-2.5k or 3rd gear and rpm is 1.8k-2k?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The sports mode on the Tucson essentially allows you to shift it like a manual transmission.

Sports Mode