New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Good day sir,

Im planning to buy a second hand 2007 Tucson Crdi... Any problems that I should look out for? I dont know the variants before but the unit is in beige leather.. is that the top of the line variant.. any comments will be much appreciated.. thanks guys in advance..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi sir. is it the 4wd na ba? if so, then it is the highend unit na.

also, check if the unit is flooded or not. dami kasi nagbebenta ngayon ng flooded units.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    AFAIK wala naman ata problems yung Gen 1 Tucson.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^I heard some problems related to suspension??? Not sure tho...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    common problem? mmmmn..

sa Tucson 4x2 crdi ko - - umiingit ang preno pag oem pa ang brake pads/brake lining (medyo humina ang kagat ng preno after refacing ng rotor). Aircon clutch pulley maingay after 1 year or before 2 years old (replaced under warranty for free by the dealership). Normal na slightly understeer pero ok na rin pagnakasanayan na. About suspension? so far no problem pa rin. Over all its a nice ride and a real value for money compact suv.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    AFAIK, most of the first released Gen 1 tucson has this brake pads problem as they were KDM parts where Korea has colder enviroment while we got so hot climate here in Pinas, as usual 1st releases of manufactures (similar to ipods, ipad and iphones), there always needs for improvements so the following year's sets of deliveries like mine were of pads that can stand our climate already...as of today I never got majpr issues except for minor tightenings during PMS'- a regular maint. action items.

So if you are looking for an affordable, fuel efficient, roomy, comfortable and stylish interior compact SUV, Tucson has all these. The design is sophisticated, futuristic but realistic. Tucson is a good value and has the unexpected power.

welcome aboard the tucson ship

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    We have 2 Gen 1 Tucsons, one CVVT and one CRDi. The CRDi has been emitting a harsh squeaking sound whenever going through bumps when fully steered, in both directions. We have brought it to 2 Hyundai dealership and both have not solved the problem. The CVVT version has been worry free except for the occassional keyless entry malfunction and relatively high fuel consumption.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by emachine View Post
    hi sir. is it the 4wd na ba? if so, then it is the highend unit na.

also, check if the unit is flooded or not. dami kasi nagbebenta ngayon ng flooded units.
    sir, would you know how to check if flooded yung benebentang car, especially if tucson, i.e. kung ano dapat tignan. thank you!

Common problems of 2007 Tucson CRDi