New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Almost all of us here in tsikot really love our rides and even more than anything or anyone else. Hence, we can directly compare our daily routines to the daily drive of our cars. Do you take good care of yourself the way you take care of your ride?

Say a PMS for a car is the same as our annual or semi annual medical check ups, do you religiously do the same to yourselves?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Nope, I visit the doctor only when I'm not feeling well no periodic check up for me

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I see my doctor everyday because I'm married to her

That said, we still have an annual checkup (x-ray, labs, ECG) as part of our periodic maintenance. We also make it a point to exercise regularly, since too much idling is bad for this amazing machine called the human body.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'd say I'm the no-nonsense, practical type. I'm not affected nor desire any hype. I have no desire to win any popularity contests and I couldn't care less what others think of me.

I guess my car reflects myself which is why I have a 3.3L V6 Hyundai Sonata. I bought the car strictly on its own merits even though we could've easily bought more expensive and popular brands.

I've surprised a lot of people and so has the car.

I'm low-maintenance and so's the Sonata.

I exercise regularly. So does the car. I take it out for a gallop once in a while on deserted roads and it can run (haven't taken it beyond 130 mph yet, though; not enough road).

I take care of myself which means I also take care of the car with annual tune ups and scheduled free oil changes.

I'm active outdoors which means I get scratches and bruises frequently. I keep the car clean and waxed but not to the point I get teary-eyed if there's a scratch, unlike some people in our neighborhood who's overly obsessive if there's so much as one teeny weeny scratch on their car.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 14th, 2007 at 09:30 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Lets put it this way;

Car - I am in charge
    Myself - Wife is in charge

I must admit, my wife is more concern about my health than myself.

But whenever I feel like my BP is rising or high, I make it a point to visit our nurse station to have it checked then I stop smoking........ until it normalizes.

Periodic Check-up? Pag naalala lang ni wifey
    Last edited by red07; December 14th, 2007 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Typo error

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Can't bypass the annual physical exam, as this is a prerequisite of employment...

In the same manner, our vehicles strictly adhere to their PMS.....

4808:santa:

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    APE is strictly followed, as required by company, Car maintenance is also following its PMS, as a company policy.

no reason to complain, since the company is paying for those expenses.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Can't bypass the annual physical exam, as this is a prerequisite of employment...

In the same manner, our vehicles strictly adhere to their PMS.....

4808:santa:
    same here... just finished the annual physical exam here in the office for continuous employment.

my wife is the one who takes care of my health , including my mom. they always inform me and remind me to go to the gym and exercise.

our cars are all casa maintain

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    for the past 11years, been having my annual physical exam.
    and luckily, never been in the hospital nor a clinic for the past 11years as well.i just hope it will be same for the coming years.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sa akin minsan every 6 months pa. Especially yung sa sugar level, uric, at cholesterol level.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tsikot and You