The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    pwede nyo ako mga pic ng AMC HAMMER.. interesado lang po...thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi everyone!

I have often looked in the Internet for answers to my queries and always end up reading useful info here in Tsikot.

Useful info I got so far is about Oil / Fuel Additives and KHAOS.
    It is a good thing I read these articles because many people are advising me to install KHAOS and place additives to my oil and fuel... buti na lang di ko pa ginagawa.

Some background about my rig:
    ------------------------------

I recently bought a 3 door Gen1 Pajero with 2.6L gasoline engine (4G54). Consumption is 4.5Km/liter. One reason why I frequent here is because I am trying to do the maintenance and minor repairs myself, plus I am trying to maximize the fuel consumption.

It needs some minor restoration. The body is in very good condition (just some minor scratches and dents), but very dirty and in need of detailing.

Things broken/missing and dirty:

1) One broken side mirror (the owner replaced it with an ordinary mirror which I hated because it is close to being useless)
    2) dead battery with no battery holder
    3) dirty engine, dirty and smelly interior
    4) no coolant
    5) no cool air coming from the A/C
    6) no park light bulbs
    7) broken wiper blades
    8) no windshield wiper and headlight washer motors
    9) broken defogger
    10) broken mudguard
    11) broken temperature gauge
    12) missing thermostat
    13) missing charcoal canister
    14) old spare tire
    15) missing one window regulator
    16) missing radio, wires all cut off
    17) holes on the roof - some idiot installed a roof rack incorrectly

Cleaning:
    --------
    1) Cleaned and cleaned everything I can possibly clean. Used rubbing compound and metal polish wherever there is stubborn dirt.

2) I am having problem with cleaning under the hood so I am thinking of having the engine washed... I just dont know if this is advisable on gasoline engines.

Minor repair/mods I have done so far (nothing fancy):
    ---------------------------------------------------
    1) Replaced most of the screws with stainless
    2) Removed and cleaned the matting... very filthy and smelly underneath
    3) Replaced the front signal lights with double contact bulbs so it will also light when park light is turned on. Replaced park light bulbs. Placed new rubber seal.
    4) Applied rubbing compound to body. Repainted the emblems.
    5) Replaced one of the side mirrors
    6) Repaired wiring of headlights / replaced bulbs
    7) Changed the horns to Bosch
    8) Replaced the wipers
    9) Replaced the spare tire, bought a new cap
    10) Replaced all nuts with new ones
    11) Replaced window regulators
    12) Placed aluminum tapes on the roof holes

I have downloaded and printed a service manual from the internet. Read some parts and thought I could do some of maintenance myself.

I started with the cooling system:
    --------------------------------
    1) Flushed the radiator and replaced with 50% distilled water and 50% castrol coolant.
    2) Fixed the radiator cap by cutting an interior rubber.
    3) Thoroughly cleaned the reservoir tank and placed coolant

Future projects:
    ---------------
    For casa:
    1) Replace shock absorbers / rubber parts (had it estimated, parts and labor costs around 9K)
    2) Lubrication (Will bring it to a gasoline station)
    3) Rust proofing

DIY or rather DIM (Do It Myself):
    1) Oil change
    2) Check/repair temperature gauge
    3) Check/repair brake lights
    4) Replace thermostat
    5) Install charcoal canister (or maybe a snorkel?)
    6) Restore wirings / install simple sound system

For our trusty Mechanic:

1) I had our mechanic tune up the engine but he did not replace the sparkplugs bacause he said they were still new. He also did not change the oil because there was an oil leak that time. Turned out that a packing in the cylinder head was missing, he replaced it but still did not change the oil. I guess it's my task now. There is still a couple of oil drippings where I park but it is very minimal unlike before.

2) Change engine or overhaul?
    I want a 4M40 engine, if I cant get one, I will just overhaul this one and replace the jets on the carburetor to save fuel. Nevermind the power, I just want to use this vehicle as much as I want.

3) The exhaust emits a little smoke and smells bad. Don't know if it's gray or bluish. I don't know if he can repair this without doing the overhaul.

I think that's about it... my overall goal is to make this rig well oiled and consume lesser gasoline so that I can use it as often as I want, specially on long distance trips.

Sorry for the long post.
    Last edited by dangerboi; September 25th, 2007 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Added 1 smiley hehe

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hEY pIPZ - ALL tsikot MEMBERS! gLAD TO BE A MEMBER NoW! looking FORWard TO seE UR caR POSTINGS. anGAT pinoY!!!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hello everybody,

Karangalan kong maging bahagi ng Tsikot!!!!

Can anyone help? I am making a quick price survey of used ML320 Model from 2003 - 06. Thanks for your kind assistance. Warm regards......

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hi to all tsikot member....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hello every one i'm the new member of the Tsikot.com family halilluya...........

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi fans...im one of the new member!!!!thanks for welcoming me here..appreciate it!!!!! can you help me how to advertise or sell my car pls?my car is a 95 lancer glxi all power....im sorry if its not the right thread!!!thnx..pls..pls...pls...ds is my number 09205657414,txt me.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hello tsikoteers!!!!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    nice forum, guys! newbie here. I am more familiar with 4x4's coz' I grew up with them but I am getting to like cars somehow. Here's why, I have a 04' corolla altis 1.6E M/T and would like to change the stock wheels and tires to a 17" mags to create a "low profile" look. I DONT like to lower the ride coz I want the car to maintain its road worthiness in bumpy roads which lowered cars cant. Can you guys advise me on what brand of a 17" alloy wheel and tyre to get which when optimally inflated will equal the outside diameter of the stock tire so as not to affect the precision of the speedometer? TIA

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hello mga co-tsikoteers.. Newbie here.

Ganda talaga ng tsikot. Galing ng mga mods. More Power...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Tsikot Automated Video Embedding System