New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey Mods,

Running along the lines of a post asking about board rules and regulations to be made 'sticky' somewhere on each board, what's a good guideline to determine whether a certain topic should be posted as a New Thread or an addition to an Existing Thread?

There are some threads in various Tsikot discussion boards that have been discussed, say about a year ago (circa 2005). If, for example, I'd want to express additional views, or perhaps updates to that thread today, can I just add to the said thread? Or should I create a new Thread and maybe just indicate the link to the old thread, for reference?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi. General rule is that if there is still an existing live thread whereby your topic can fit, then you ca post your additional updates and views there. However, if a certain thread has been closed, it was closed by the Mods and/or Admins for a particular reason so we should not replicate that closed thread. If you want to create a new thread that mimics a closed thread, it would be best to ask the permission of the Mods and/or Admins.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tenchuz nicolodeon!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, some threads get posted over and over, but for some questions, the answers may vary over time (Accord versus Camry, for example... different story last year against 2006 Camry versus the up-and-coming next Accord).

Personal judgement lang yun siguro.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rule of thumb is to just add to the old thread to avoid confusion.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    But, if you want to put emphasis on your subject, I think it's okay to start a new thread. The previous thread/s although related to your subject may no longer be relevant.

Then it's up to the mods discretion, if they would merge the threads.

To Post A New Thread or Not To Post A New Thread