New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    This is what the brake booster on the Starex would look like (with the brake master removed).

In the picture, the vacuum hose is on the upper-right, and the brake booster vacuum sensor at the bottom left.

wla po atang check valve diyan Sir sa booster kasi fix ung tube. na nka kabit sa booster na kinakabitan ng vaccuum hose.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    paandarin mo makina .bunutin mo ung hose ng hydrobox saka mo takpan gamit daliri mo.kung hihigupin daliri mo walang problema sa vacum system mo malamng sa hydro box na

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I suggest you take to your trusted mechanic. Make sure to mention that it is vacuum and/or brake booster related.

Things to check would be:

1. Vacuum pump (assuming that it's a Diesel), which is typically piggy-backed to the alternator. It might be failing.
    2. Vacuum pipes/hoses. Check for leaks
    3. Failing vacuum check-valve. It may be installed somewhere along the vacuum lines between the pump and the brake booster
    4. Brake booster/HydroVac. It could be leaking as well
    Last edited by oj88; May 14th, 2019 at 06:09 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    paandarin mo makina .bunutin mo ung hose ng hydrobox saka mo takpan gamit daliri mo.kung hihigupin daliri mo walang problema sa vacum system mo malamng sa hydro box na
    Sir ok naman po ung Vaccuum Side sa engine. and na test ko rin po ung brake booster as seen youtube for noise/squeel leaks along the pedal during pumping... pero by the way thanks for your advice Sir.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I suggest you take to your trusted mechanic. Make sure to mention that it is vacuum and/or brake booster related.

Things to check would be:

1. Vacuum pump (assuming that it's a Diesel), which is typically piggy-backed to the alternator. It might be failing.
    2. Vacuum pipes/hoses. Check for leaks
    3. Failing vacuum check-valve. It may be installed somewhere along the vacuum lines between the pump and the brake booster
    4. Brake booster/HydroVac. It could be leaking as well
    Ok Sir I'll Take your advice. and thanks a lot.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since pupunta ka na din sa mekaniko, pa flush mo na din brake fluid kasi sabi mo never ka nag-flush ng brakes. Have the lines and pads inspected na din. Do the proper maintenance at the same time. Imho, mas importante ang brake kesa sa makina. Yung makina pag nag fail di ka mamamatay, yung brake pag pumalya baka kung saan ka pulutin.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom25 View Post
    Good day mga Sir. papatulong sana ako sa problem ko. I have a starex 99 matic. regarding po ito sa brake. kung mga b'brake ako. kumagakagat nmn at first. then next brake ko. tumitigas na ung brake pedal niya at mahirap na i'brake tsaka umiilaw ung brake warning lights. at kong hahayaan ko muna mga ilang minutes. nag o'ok nmn po siya. pero everytime magbrake ako. nag'o-occur po ulit ung problema niya hard pedal braking. anu po kaya probs nun?.

salamat po. sana my mka tulong sakin.
    Mukhang mahina yung vacuum mo.. i assume diesel yan starex mo.. nasa likod ng alternator ang vacuum pump nyan. Check mo din vacuum hoses baka may singaw.

Kaya may kagat sa unang tapak kasi naka build up ng vacuum sa system pero pag tapak mo.. ubos agad yung vacuum at need maka build up ulet

8. Join Date
    May 2019
    Check all the hoses connected to the calipers. Those rubber hoses could crack overtime due to heat and can cause small leaks. You should top off the reservoir very rarely, only when the pads get (very slowly) worn, other than that, it’s because of leaks which you must fix right away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12