New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    in some heated arguments that i just read, our mods come into picture, sadly thay dont sometimes act like how a real moderator should act IMO. they become biase, unfair and would stick to their friend's side, or even end ganging up on a person. sana medyo ingat lang sa mga binibitawan niyong salita sa thread, baka alang araw mawalan ng respeto mga tsikoteers. kung sarcastic or rude man sa tingin nyo mga ibang posts, kayo and unang dapat maka-handle non at hindi nyo palalakihin pa.

dont take this wrong guys, but the image of this Tsikot.com is all about you moderators, specially sir Mazdamazda.

thank you.

" Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. "

James 3:5

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is about the VeraCruz thread right? IMO - you are only saying that as you don't know the whole story... we have a valid reason to do what we are doing.

If the owners / administrators of this site doesn't support our decision making process, I or any other moderator should have been axed already.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi TsuperDriver,

Thank you for you comments and views. BS aside, we welcome these types of threads/critiques/comments because we learn from these and it helps us in our quest for this community and for you, the members since we mods and members all believe that if is not for you, our members, then we won't have a community as successful and as big as this thread.

It's a bit diffult modulating forums - and yes, we mods do have our bad days also whereby we sometimes reply "uncharacteristically", using your term. However, I may speak for the more experienced mods here that they've seen quite a number of threads that really were just troll baiting threads or whereby the thread starter just wanted to had some fun at the expense of the community. Thefore, there natural instinct of some of the mods would be to react to those threads in which the reaction may be quite unorthodox at times.

True, friendships form here at Tsikot but I humbly say that friendships did not become factors in the past for the admins and mods to give infractions and temporary bans for some of their members who are their friends. I can personally identify the handles of those Tsikoteers who got infractions and temporary bans from their admin and mod friends here at Tsikot. However, I do agree with you that friendships should not form an invisible wall of bias for members who are "friends" of admins and moderators and I would like to thank you for pointing that out.

I'm not defending us mods. If I have made a mistake, then I'm gentleman enough to account for it and to account for any mistake that I may make. I think it goes the same for all the mods. But like what Mazdamazda had said in his previous post, members who are new to that Veracruz thread may not know the whole story since the mods have deleted some..."unacceptable" posts. Also, the mods - except myself - have been here since 2002 and if the admins/owners of this community had lost confidence in their abilities then they would have been given the boot a long time ago

Thanks for your comments, sir. This keeps us on our toes to be better mods for Tsikot.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this reply has nothing to do with the why and what of whatever other thread that lead to you posting this thread. i never read the thread mentioned. i'm thinking in general terms, ok.

i don't see any reason why the mods should be prohibitted from taking sides, especially when that side happen to be what tsikot stands for. if a poster is a troll then it is in fact the duty of the mods to point it out, even to the degree that they will be openly bias. most people here in tsikot are honest, and as a consequence most will tend to believe what is posted by ALL members. this is a consequent extension of the trust given to members who the community has known for a long time. however the fact is not all members are as internet savvy as the mods, who can and have the time to trace the "identity" of people who are pretending to be someone else. it is to the benefit of all legit members that the mods have this freedom to take sides.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tsuperdriver

thank you for your suggestions and i also understand your sentiments.

but, please do understand that in a public forum like tsikot, iba ibang klaseng tao na ang naging member dito, lalo na kung di nila alam ang true nature of tsikot forums. madami nagcreate ng thread just to brag about their stuff, they claim that they own this , they own that... they claim that they can do this and do that... anyone can do that... kaya lang mga nagppost ng ganito, people will start to ask if its too good to be true. if its real or not... lalo na kung naging sikat yung thread na yun.

ang sakin lang like the veracruz thread, the poster promised that she will post some pics, kaya syempre tinanatanong ng members kung nasaan na yung pics.

Anyway, some of our judgements as mods and admins might not be perfect... we all took the risk na kahit some of the tsikoteers will get mad based sa mga decisions na ginagawa namin for the community... pero kung di namin gagawin yun, baka hindi maging ganito ang tsikot.com ngayon.

Maraming pang colorfull threads na lumabas dito sa tsikot but moderators like mazdamazda make it to the point na mabalik sa ayos without even thinking twice na baka may magalit na ibang members sa kaniya.

Again, your suggestions are not taken for granted, and for almost 5 years we're still trying to improve.

WORLD PEACE

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^

Jedi, the OP is TsuperDriver (and not tsupermario). Baka magtampo yung latter, wala naman siyang kinalaman, hehehe.

I just read the Veracruz thread. I consider the remarks very tame and non-insulting, compared to other threads. IMO, much ado over nothing.

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    Hehehe.

Naglalaro yata ng (Super Mario Bros)Nintendo Family Computer si Jedi. B-Forward-A!

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bwahaha bossing mali ka

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    i know there are imperfections to both mods and tsikoteers, but i hope let's be diplomatic not to provoke heated arguments, sayang yung thread. im not saying mazda2 was wrong, but he, being a moderator, should'nt be too impulsive. he can say the same things in a "more polite" way and be more of a "mediator" rather than being "biased" at times.

anyway at the end of the day, its peace in our hearts that will still reign, mabuhay Tsikot.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    got your point bro but in fairness naman, you cant just tolerate a member when he/she is fooling the group.it's a waste of time reading such posts when at the end of the day wala naman palang mapapala buti sana kung healthy arguments na meron kang matutunan..Yong mga cases na merong member na feeling e napapagkaisahan e, those are the members who loves to play around.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
dear mods....