New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0str1d3r View Post
    Ad Posting ng FORD Pano ma alis. Nakaharang!!! wala ako makita!
    namimili ng computer.
    our home computer isn't plagued by this ad. the office computers are.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Very very annoying.

Initially only the office computers had those huge Ford ads that wouldn't go away -- pressing the x in the ad only opened another window but wouldn't remove the original ad covering most of the screen. so I gave up using desktop.

Now, the Ford ads and another, SM Home, is popping up on my mobile browser too. Fullscreen. They're closable but still a bit of a hassle. I understand ads are necessary but these seem excessive.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    With tapatalk it is bearable. The ads come as a tab that you can scroll through.

-----------------------
    ➰Shine the light➰
    -----------------------

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    This is the most ad-infested site I know of. The admins, I'm presuming, don't care and just allowed the ad companies to run the place and to be obtrusive as possible. It's stupid. How many times must one see a Ford ad? It's like they think that people would miraculously buy one after seeing the ad 1,000 times. Sickening.

They just want to be paid for the 'clicks'. I know the site is ad-supported, but they needn't have to be too greedy about it. Dial it down a little.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I also experienced the full-page ad from Ford. I don't mean to point fingers, but unfortunately moderators have no say in terms of what ads are allowed on the site.

However, we've already raised your collective concerns and hopefully the back-office/marketing folks take time to read and make the necessary adjustments.

As with anything, moderation is key. Too much ads will actually kill traffic, and end up with even bigger, more obtrusive ads to compensate for the lost traffic, which leads Tsikot down to its slippery slope of demise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I havent seen the ford ad on the android app. Lots of other ads though, but not so intrusive.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Surprisingly, i dont get the pop-up ads anymore on my mac.
    but remember tsikot got bought at P100M if rumors are true, so need to recoup the investment =)

BTW, avatars & emoticons arent working and cant be attached...
    Last edited by JJB; October 29th, 2016 at 03:15 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Surprisingly, i dont get the pop-up ads anymore on my mac.
    but remember tsikot got bought at P100M if rumors are true, so need to recoup the investment =)

BTW, emoticons arent working and cant be attached...
    There is a firm that handles the development. I think their focus is on revenue and increasing more visitors.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Well, tsikot is going to the dogs. Can't even reply properly because the message field can only fit a single line of text. See my notes in RED boxes below.

And oh, once I submit a conversation, I can no longer edit it. <sigh> Are there other local car forums?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Well, tsikot is going to the dogs. Can't even reply properly because the message field can only fit a single line of text. See my notes in RED boxes below.

And oh, once I submit a conversation, I can no longer edit it. <sigh> Are there other local car forums?
    Try using your phone to access, much easier with Tapatalk. though I agree that the desktop site seems to have deteriorated.

Anyway, if you don't like Tsikot, there's AI's forum, plus car specific forums. None have as much traffic as Tsikot though. You can also try car-related FB pages but I find that those pages are way too noisy with too much senseless posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Annoying Pop Up Ads