New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I came across Mon Tulfo's column, about Cebu Pacific's practice of not using the passengers' tube.
    Naranasan nyo na ba ito? Tinitipid pala nila yung bayad na P7k para sa airport tube (may bayad pala airlines sa tube? kala ko libre :grin), & the passengers have to suffer.

Mas mura ang fare, compared to PAL, & that's what we get. Pero dapat, huwag nilang tipirin yung para sa air tube.
    Nuknukan ng kuripot pala ito CP........

Why Cebu Pacific doesn

Why Cebu Pacific doesn’t use airbridge

WHEN this corner criticized Cebu Pacific Airways on Thursday for letting its passengers go down the plane stairs, and then climb up the airbridge from the tarmac when it could have made them use the airport tube, I was flooded with reactions from passengers.

One text message came from my friend, Louie Rabat, a regular Manila-Davao City commuter.
    “Just read your column re Cebu Pacific not using d airbridge. I hope u can help us persuade (airline) to use airbridge for the convenience of passengers. We have brought the matter to d attention of Regional Development Council, Region XI (based in Davao City), pero matigas ang ulo (hard-headed) ng Cebu Pacific.

“(Airline) earned 3B (billion) last year, pero ayaw magbayad (but doesn’t want to pay) P7,000 for the use of airbridge.
    “Isa pa itong (Another pain in the neck is) Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (which manages all airports in the country). We should not pay them P200 terminal fee if it can’t require Cebu Pacific to use airbridge.”
    I was handed a letter from Fe Pilar del Rosario, a private representative for disabled persons and senior citizens, addressed to Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte, chair of the Regional Development Council (Region XI).
    Part of Del Rosario’s letter read: “The non-use of airbridge creates difficulty for mothers with young children and passengers with hand luggage. Travelers are also exposed to bad weather conditions.
    I was told the Gokongwei family, which owns Cebu Pacific, is scrimping on money earned from fares, that’s why they dispense with the use of the airbridge or tube which costs P7,000 per flight.
    In short, they are kuripot (tightwad), at the expense of their passengers.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yup tagal na nyan na thru hagdan lang ang CP

kahit papunta ka iba bansa hagdan pa rin

before super bagal din ng service dyan sa CP. lagi delayed, minsan nag-e. landing pa because sira aircon

you get what you pay for ika nga

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero sa HK gumagamit naman ng air tube ang CP.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa bangkok gumamit naman sila pero sa SG hindi. hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama pala yung hula ko dati why CebuPacific doesn't use the airbridges.

Dapat nga di na lang tayo magbayad ng "terminal-fee" if we cannot use the airport's facilities.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    sa SG nga hindi sila gumagamit ng airtube.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Na-post ko na dati, hindi talag gumagamit ng airbridge yang CP. Tapos ipagmamalaki nilang on-time sila or maaga dating pero yung tarvel na 1hour lang dapat, technically ina-announce nila na 1hr 15mins or 1hr20mins daw? Bago plane pero bumagal kesa sa mga dati? hehe

Kaya prefer ko pa din PAL.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; March 28th, 2012 at 08:04 PM.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    sa HK i pagkaka alala ko gumamit kami. Yung byaheng Manila-Kalibo-Manila wala din...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Para saan pa ang terminal fee kung pati ang pag gamit ng tube e shouldered pa ng airline companies?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Pero etong recent trip ko sa Cagayan De Oro (December 2011)<, gumagamit naman ng airtubes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast